• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jesse Has A Plan

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
and boy is it a whopper: :lol:
Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has offered his own $804 billion jobs plan that calls on the federal government to hire the nation's 15 million unemployed Americans for jobs paying roughly $40,000 each, and bail out all the states and cities facing budget crises.

In an interview with the Daily Caller on Wednesday, the Illinois Democrat applauded President Obama for directing his staff to greenlight job-creating initiatives without congressional approval after his $447 billion jobs bill was defeated in the Senate this week.

"Now we're making some progress," Jackson said, comparing the legislative gridlock in Congress to the states that seceded from the union during the Civil War.

"We've seen Congress is in rebellion," he said, "determined to wreck or ruin at all costs."

Jackson said the government's direct hiring of the nation's 15 million unemployed Americans would cost $600 billion.

"It could be a five-year program," he said. "For another $104 billion, we bail out all of the states. For another $100 billion, we bail out all of the cities."

"We put people to work cleaning up communities. We put people to work through a civilian conservation corps, through a Works Progress Administration because the hour demands it," he said.

"And as more people work, they pay taxes, they pay taxes into the 4th quarter, they buy wares, they buy homes, they meet their obligations and our economy begins to work its way out of this protracted recession," he continued. "That's the only way out of this crisis. And I hope the president begins to continue to exercise extraordinary constitutional means based on the history of Congresses that have been in rebellion in the past."

But not everyone is convinced that Jackson's plan would work. Even a fellow Democrat has criticized it.

"In Rep. Jackson's entire congressional career, he has never introduced a single jobs bill," Debbie Halvorson, who is challenging Jackson in the Democratic primary, said in a written statement. "Now, he's calling on the president to suspend the Constitution? As a representative of the people, you don't give up when you hit a roadblock and throw the Constitution out the window – you keep working to get something done."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/10/14/rep-jesse-jackson-calls-on-government-to-hire-all-unemployed-americans-for/#ixzz1aoSwh9jV

sadly there is some merit to what Jackson is saying... but his numbers are a bit off..
Unemployed Americans have collected $319 billion in jobless benefits over the past three years due to the federal government's unprecedented response to the Great Recession, according to a CNNMoney analysis of federal records. The federal government has already footed $109 billion of the bill, and lawmakers are super-sensitive to adding further to the deficit. But advocates are turning up the pressure to extend the deadline to file for federal benefits.

Soaring unemployment has drained the state accounts that typically fund jobless benefits, forcing many states to borrow money from the federal government to cover their payouts. Currently, 31 states have $41 billion in loans outstanding.

Employers are responsible for replenishing these accounts and paying back the loans so their taxes are expected to skyrocket to $64 billion in 2015, up from $38 billion last year, according to the Labor Department.

Companies, however, are hoping to reduce their tax burden. They are lobbying Congress to waive certain penalties and interest related to the loans that will cost them more than $9 billion over the next two years.

so by conservative estimates unemployment alone has already drained our economy of $407 Billion in three years..

instead of paying out unemployment for the person to be unproductive, if the government pays out salaries to be productive it would have a beneficial effect on our country..

here is where it goes wrong...

but the wage of $40,000 a year would encourage lower paid people to lose their crappy job and show up at the governments door..

a person working at a local grocery store for awhile would earn about $9 an hour (and I believe I am generous in saying $9) and most grocery stores are unionized closed shops..

at way less then $20,000 a year it would be a hell of an incentive to switch to the government job..

but that isn't the only ones who would switch.. .at the post Office, I was making about $18 an hour when I left.. ($37440)

even in this area it is considered a good job.. at the testing, there were 2500 per sitting.. and I was in the second "sitting" ,.. there was at least on after that..

so in a test given one every three years ... at least 7500 people had signed up and showed up for a job that stated at about $11 an hour.. ($22,880)

didn't they have fights break out awhile back to get a application for Mc D's ?

imagine the scramble/riot for $40,000 a year jobs?

Jesse your clueless...

Joe Walsh to Jesse Jr.

Jesse Jackson Jr., you asked Obama to declare a jobs state of emergency, bypass Congress, and take action by himself? If you want a dictator and state run jobs program, you might be happier living in North Korea with Kim Jong Il. Contact my district office if you need to expedite your passport.

Mike

Do you EVER post anything that is not slamming a black person?

What are you trying to hide with venom?

jingo2 said:
Mike

Do you EVER post anything that is not slamming a black person?

What are you trying to hide with venom?

Kolo=jingo-lulu=allie when you gonna learn to read??? go back and read other posts???

Wanna go for Starbucks??? I have this gift certificate :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Latest posts