• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jinx er...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I never forecast what and when will be born.

I never change my coat when calving or lambing starts

That old coat is 12 years old - paint and blood covered.

Not one pocket will hold anything.

The zipper is broken and there are only three buttons left that actually work when I use the loops to do up the coat.

Ripped from front to back and back to front - you can see the lining no matter what side of me you are standing on.

Wife says it stinks and threatens to burn it.

It is THE coat that I wear when new life is being born on the place.

Truthfully I am terified of breaking in a new coat.

The other thing is - I do not know why - I always have to touch the door post on the old barn before I step inside. Habit or superstition?

bc

If you'd like just buy a new coat and send it my way.I'd break it in for ya. :D :D :D

Better to touch the door post with your hand , then touching the top of the door frame with your forehead. :eek:

Big Muddy rancher said:
If you'd like just buy a new coat and send it my way.I'd break it in for ya. :D :D :D

Better to touch the door post with your hand , then touching the top of the door frame with your forehead. :eek:

Standing beside you I would be called "vertically challenged".

As for the coat - well, I figure to start breaking one in a few years from now.

bc

Soapweed said:
How about selling calves before they are even born? That would scare me to death, as it goes right along with "don't count your chickens before they are hatched."

i've had a couple calls from feedlots entertaining contract. without any freight involved what do you think a price might be on a pot load of steers (100 or so) 45 days in range of age from april 1 to mid may. half straight horned hereford (dehorned) and half F1 baldies. to go early decemember (weaned 45 days) backgrounded on pasture and hay salt min to weigh around 550 with shots for virals, clostridials, wormed and boostered. just eight way at branding? then price right off the cow no shots mid october delivery same weight?

Soapweed said:
How about selling calves before they are even born? That would scare me to death, as it goes right along with "don't count your chickens before they are hatched."

i entertained an offer about a month ago but i couldn't pull the trigger.

Latest posts