• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

John Deere Green - Ain't what it was

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Silver said:
Denny said:
I run a pair of Belarus tractors all though crude they are user friendly as far as home mechanics go. I also have that Lovely 250 John Deere Skidloader thats had more money thrown at it than a Vegas stripper.Piece of crap in my book.

Our luck was only average with the Belarus. Engine would run forever I think, but the big trick is keeping fluids in the little devil: transmission, engine, coolant, hydraulics, power steering, front end, etc. Not to mention the tires that rot away quicker than you can order them from Hungary or where ever the oddball expensive little devils come from. We still have ours parked in the corner and we are trying to decide if it's worth putting a new reverse gear in it. The tractor has 6500 hrs on it.
But all in all when you figure the dollars per hour to run them including the purchase price you probably cant beat a Belarus. Now if you can apply a dollar value to sanity..... that may change the equation.

Did'nt you run an M&W Baler also? If so I've got one of them. If you want to get rid of your Belarus there's a guy in New York buying any he can find putting them in shipping containers and sending them to Egypt. The dealer here has sent 9 of them out this year so far.Some run some don't.I here you on the tires I've got a new spare for mine sitting in my shop.

Denny said:
Silver said:
Denny said:
I run a pair of Belarus tractors all though crude they are user friendly as far as home mechanics go. I also have that Lovely 250 John Deere Skidloader thats had more money thrown at it than a Vegas stripper.Piece of crap in my book.

Our luck was only average with the Belarus. Engine would run forever I think, but the big trick is keeping fluids in the little devil: transmission, engine, coolant, hydraulics, power steering, front end, etc. Not to mention the tires that rot away quicker than you can order them from Hungary or where ever the oddball expensive little devils come from. We still have ours parked in the corner and we are trying to decide if it's worth putting a new reverse gear in it. The tractor has 6500 hrs on it.
But all in all when you figure the dollars per hour to run them including the purchase price you probably cant beat a Belarus. Now if you can apply a dollar value to sanity..... that may change the equation.

Did'nt you run an M&W Baler also? If so I've got one of them. If you want to get rid of your Belarus there's a guy in New York buying any he can find putting them in shipping containers and sending them to Egypt. The dealer here has sent 9 of them out this year so far.Some run some don't.I here you on the tires I've got a new spare for mine sitting in my shop.

That's interesting that they're sending those tractors to Egypt, I can't imagine it would be worth anything by the time I shipped it across the continent though. One of these times I'll have some spare time and courage and I'll take that sucker apart and get her going again. It makes a pretty handy extra haying tractor and they burn almost no fuel.
No, I haven't run an M&W baler before, actually I had to Google them to see what they were about. Which size do you have, and do you like it? It looks like they don't make a big enough bale for what I'm used to. Although switching to a smaller bale would likely prolong the life of our feeding and hay handling equipment.

Mine makes a 5x5 bale they suck in lowground as the pickup get's into the mud and breaks all the teeth off. I would'nt buy another.

I'd just take the tractor apart we've split mine a few times for clutch's and also had to put a bearing in the tranny.The fuel savings sure spoils a guy.I bale with a 7060 Allis but the Belarus does all the mowing and rakeing.

Latest posts