• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

July 4

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowman52

Reaction score
Driving home, long day, been a long spring, a struggle. News is earthquake in California, was waiting on some numb n**s to blame Trump. Then got to thinking, I'm driving a wore out pickup home, have a bucket of fresh tomatoes, a bag of fresh okra, a few potatoes, and a mess of green beans, and "proud to be an American and right after that Toby Keith singing about putting a boot in yore a** , it the American way, and I get to thinking. I'm better off than most, won't be hungry tonight. I'm shore not a victim of anything, might wish for better cow prices but over all I didn't hang a rope around my neck, I'm not in a place without running water and have to drink out of the toilet, ( you ever think how that works?), nobody telling me how to work, when to work. I have a nice place to hang my hat, prospects for fall looking up. It must be hard as hell to wake up in the morning, or noon im guessing and just to be soooo offended that the sun shinning is racist, a flag on the court house is a call to the clan, and the answer to all is abortion, open border and free student loan.
I'm not in too bad a shape, anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!! we thank you for all you gave us and to say the least we with you!

We in western SD, and likely other areas in the usually very dry by July mid-west have blessings "way over the top" this year! The native prairie is taller and greener, and thicker than 'usual'! The slightly cooler than normal, (just guessing, not official on that), but the appearance of the prairie which comprise nearly all of our ranch sure is better than most years. Stock dams are full, and the earlier rain took a break with 'only' 3" in part of our basement. The problems were not impossible to 'correct', to the degree we have accomplished, so far. Still have to replace some floor coverings and move some furniture back into guest bedroom and sewing room, but it will come together eventually. Have some hay down and probably pretty wet since we got about .70" in past 24 hours, but over-all a very nice year, so far. And, so far.....three "absolutely perfect!" great grand kids, ages 1 to 7 years old willing and able to entertain us as much as our energy can handle!!! Oh, yes! we do have seven pretty nice grand kids, too. They are so busy going to school, or earning their living, some here on the ranch, and some a few hours away, so don't get to see all of them as often as we wish.

So, thanks cowman and FH, for reminding us to appreciate our country and lives!

mrj

Latest posts