• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

June 29

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Lisa has been giving beginning handgun classes for women. Last weekend she hosted a concealed carry class here, and we had some locals turn out.

shoot042640x355_zpsc1358fd9.jpg

shoot049640x3612_zpsd7d3ff45.jpg

Soap may want to be cautious around home now.

I felt many of the women in our basic pistol class ( about 80% men ) were to bashful to fully participate so we are having "Ladies' Day" twice a year - - - we had 36 the last class and they all seemed to be fully involved.

I'm building 3 new ranges this year - - - hopefully they will at least break even.
ajustdigging_zpsceba67bb.jpg
[/url]

This is the 50 yard range in progress

[/img]

Kind of muddy. I have built all ranges sunken so that there is at least 20' of dirt on all four sides.

aentranceinacurve_zps6edd1d7b.jpg
[/url]

I built the entry in an S shape to contain any errant rounds as well as sound![/img]

We have talked about building a really nice range, but out here I don't think they will come close to breaking even. We do have a great spot for hand guns, right out the back door. I want an indoor range, but there is NOWAY to make it pay.
Its kind of amazing, how the gals will open up to a woman instructor. She tries to keep her classes down to 6 gals. Lots of 1 on 1 training. Other thing I find interesting, is just how many people, guys included, think they are good shots with a hand gun, and aren't. For the most part, the gals can out shoot the guys with one.

Latest posts