• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just Another D.C. Hypocrit?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Oldtimer said:
TSR said:
Tam said:
Typical Oldtimer Putting words in my mouth that I didn't say :roll:

Do you have ANY PROOF that Michele knew who bought her mortgage? :?

Can you grasp the facts that when a person gets a mortgage, the BANK SELLS IT to get money to make more loans and you really have no say in WHO BUYS IT FROM THE BANK. :roll:

Tell us oh wise one Does your son know who really owns his cheap lake front property low interest mortgage? Does he know for sure his bank didn't sell his mortgage to Fanny or Freddy so they have the money to make another loan? :roll:

Otimer, fess up now, what national office is your son running for, or considering a run for??? Kinda stupid of him not to look at his finances before he starts criticizing institutions he may be utilizing in his finances. Geesh.

:lol: :wink: Yep TSR--but the cultist sheep will attack anyone to protect their cults den....Even your children who have no dog in the hunt... :(

It does make you wonder tho- if Bachmann was so knowledgeable an expert on the programs- that she was so vociferous at shutting down those Federal programs-why wasn't she knowledgeable enough to check who was holding her note..Especially when it appears it didn't take much to find out... :???:

OT, have you definite proof that that is who is holding the note?

And in the past, have you not advocated against bundling mortgage backed securities?

The Obama administration plans an Aug. 17 conference to discuss ways to fix the country's "broken" housing-finance system and intends to submit a proposal by January to overhaul Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Falling home prices, together with easy availability of credit and government policies promoting homeownership, pushed Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to the brink of collapse in 2008. The Treasury seized them in September of that year and has spent $145 billion so far to keep them solvent.

The administration wants a "comprehensive reform proposal that protects taxpayers, institutes tough oversight, restores the long-term health of our housing market, and strengthens our nation's economic recovery," he said.

U.S. Representative Michelle Bachmann, a Minnesota Republican and member of the House Financial Services Committee, said a "reasonable compromise" can be reached on housing finance.

"But we can't have Uncle Sam be everyone's mortgage banker," she said in an interview today. "To nationalize housing would mean we'll have a scarcity, ultimately, of housing, and it will guarantee that it's far more expensive than it has to be."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-07-27/obama-to-hold-aug-17-housing-conference-on-ways-to-repair-fannie-freddie.html

Do you agree with what Michelle said, or not?

This same criticism was directed towards obama, before all the facts were known.

UPDATE:

Further research found that the Obama's obtained a Land Trust Agreement with Northern Trust which means they did not receive a Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loan over the Federal limit.

It seems that Northern Trust became both the "borrower" and the "lender" regarding the Obama South Greenwood property. The Cook County Tax Assessment lists the "loan" as Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac. What remains to be determined is the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac loan designation assigned to Northern Trust and what limits companies such as Northern Trust are limited to when seeking a loan.

The story was a clear cut case of jumping to a conclusion without all the facts. It seemed inconceivable that the Obamas would have obtained a loan that would have raised so many red flags. An apology is due to President-elect Obama and his wife, Michelle.

http://deathby1000papercuts.com/2008/12/obama-fannie-maefreddie-mac-chicago-home-mortgage-903000-over-legal-limit/

Did she say that before or after she got her lower interest rate loan because of the government program and then called for the dismantling of the programs?

She flys from subject to subject so often- shooting from the hip (often being totally wrong on her facts) that she could use O'Donnells broom.....

Oldtimer said:
Did she say that before or after she got her lower interest rate loan because of the government program and then called for the dismantling of the programs?

She flys from subject to subject so often- shooting from the hip (often being totally wrong on her facts) that she could use O'Donnells broom.....

I can't answer your questions, because I don't know for sure if her mortgage is even backed by Fannie/Freddie, and if it is, I have know way of knowing if they were aware of the backing.

I also don't know if they got the mortgage before or after the Government took control of Fannie/Freddie (Sept, 2008)

What was the interest rate on the mortgage loan they assumed?

Do you know for sure that it was backed by Fannie/Freddie?

When she and her husband got the loan, did they know it was backed by Fannie/Freddie?

Was she calling for the dismantling of Fannie/Freddie, or the Government backing of Fannie/Freddie?

Until you answer these questions, you're blowing smoke.......

olldtimer blows more smoke that that tractor of mine that needs injectors cleaned,

Diesel wound up, blowing smoke as black as coal :D :D :D

Latest posts