• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just for you Oldtimer

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpBBRUCMd8

Not that I expect you to actually view the video but in short it says Newt was innocent of ALL CHARGES. But then it was the Clinton Adminstration doing the investigating and CNN doing the reporting so should we believe them or not Oldtimer? :wink:

Wednesday, January 25, 2012Newt Gingrich Exonerated and Proven Innocent

Newt Gingrich is probably thanking Mitt Romney for twisting the facts about Newt's time in Congress. Because of the subtle lies that Romney told, people are coming out of the woodwork to clear Newt's name.

I heard this on the Tom Sullivan radio show today. He devoted a good segment of time to reading through the Washington Examiner story by Byron York. As stated, York had written a piece on Newt Gingrich's innocence long before the internet made it easy to clink on a link to the past. So York dug through his past writings and put this together:

The Gingrich case was extraordinarily complex, intensely partisan, and driven in no small way by a personal vendetta on the part of one of Gingrich's former political opponents.

The bottom line: Gingrich acted properly and violated no laws. There was no tax fraud scheme. Of course, by that time, Gingrich was out of office, widely presumed to be guilty of something, and his career in politics was (seemingly) over.

Back in January 1997, the day after Cole presented his damning report to the Ethics Committee, the Washington Post's front-page banner headline was "Gingrich Actions 'Intentional' or 'Reckless'; Counsel Concludes That Speaker's Course Funding Was 'Clear Violation' of Tax Laws." That same day, the New York Times ran eleven stories on the Gingrich matter, four of them on the front page (one inside story was headlined, "Report Describes How Gingrich Used Taxpayers' Money for Partisan Politics"). On television, Dan Rather began the CBS Evening News by telling viewers that "only now is the evidence of Newt Gingrich's ethics violations and tax problems being disclosed in detail."

The story was much different when Gingrich was exonerated. The Washington Post ran a brief story on page five. The Times ran an equally brief story on page 23. And the evening newscasts of CBS, NBC, and ABC -- which together had devoted hours of coverage to the question of Gingrich's ethics -- did not report the story at all. Not a word.

Gingrich himself, not wanting to dredge up the whole ugly tale, said little about his exoneration. "I consider this a full and complete vindication," he wrote in a brief statement. "I urge my colleagues to go back and read their statements and watch how they said them, with no facts, based on nothing more than a desire to politically destroy a colleague."

Read up on who was all on the committee- (which was headed up by and I think had a majority of R's) and then look at the vote of both the committee and the full House...

And then look back thru history- and then in this era and remember how many Congressmen get cited for an Ethics Violation (and especially a Speaker of the House0- especially with an overwhelming vote of 90% of his peers- of both parties finding him in violation...
Enough so that he quit the House rather than have all the other info brought up against him by those wanting his Speakers seat...

Takes some awful crooked dealing to get Congress folks to even bring one charge against their peers.....

Tells me he really did bad- and the plea bargain they made for him to agree to and admit to one charge out of 80+ charges filed against him to get the issue handled makes me think he is probably one of the biggest crooks to walk inside the Beltway.....

But if R's are dumb enough to pick him as their Chosen Champion- I'm sure it will all come up...The Dems are sitting on it just waiting to use it- and make sure Obama gets a free walk in to the second term of the White House...

The saddest thing to me is that Republicans can't come up with a decent candidate without redredging up an old Washington politics pocketstuffer as usual insider crooked politician that talks a big talk (good actor) but can't walk the talk...

I'd much rather see Ron Paul in there than a crook like the Newt- but I still think Gary Johnson more fits my way of thinking.,,,

Newt was exonerated by the IRS, he did nothing wrong, but that was 3-4 years after the fact and the media never reported it, so the "left", like OT will still bring up false accusations.....he's good at that, if nothing else.

hypocritexposer said:
Newt was exonerated by the IRS, he did nothing wrong, but that was 3-4 years after the fact and the media never reported it, so the "left", like OT will still bring up false accusations.....he's good at that, if nothing else.

Why did he agree to the plea bargain admitting wrong if they would drop (and not further investigate) all the other charges?

Another Senator Craig- "Ya I pled guilty but didn't understand what I was pleading too" --- "My toes just start tapping when I go in a public toilet stall" :???:

BS

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

Why did he agree to the plea bargain admitting wrong if they would drop (and not further investigate) all the other charges?

Another Senator Craig- "Ya I pled guilty but didn't understand what I was pleading too" --- "My toes just start tapping when I go in a public toilet stall" :???:

BS

I'll pay you to shut up about your false allegations too.........it's going to cost me about $500 hundred to shut you up in a court of law, but if you will take $200, it's a deal :wink:

but $$ isn't what you're after , is it. You want to intimidate me to the point that I shut up, correct......

was he guilty of the one charge he admitted? IRS said not, and they were the only government agency even willing to investigate......

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

BS

I'll pay you to shut up about your false allegations too.........it's going to cost me about $500 hundred to shut you up in a court of law, but if you will take $200, it's a deal :wink:

but $$ isn't what you're after , is it. You want to intimidate me to the point that I shut up, correct......

was he guilty of the one charge he admitted? IRS said not, and they were the only government agency even willing to investigate......

As I've believed for some time- neither you- nor Newt have any principles if there are women or $ signs involved....

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

BS

As I've believed for some time- neither you- nor Newt have any principles if there are women or $ signs involved....

It's not me that talks of "rape and pillage" and then goes on to defend a rapist, such as Clinton.

You get a thrill out of rape and pillage, don't you OT? Does it make you feel superior?

Cause your fact finding skills are not superior, that's for sure.

Was I not a Chinese spy, before I was Whitewing, which was just before you tried to shut me up with other false allegations and finding out who my wife and kids were.......?

but now you know little about where I live?

What a hoot, you continue to trip yourself up with your lies and allegations, in your attempt to be a bigot.

why not try calling me a racist again, because I disagree with obama's policies........maybe it will work better the 100th time.

What a learner you are....... :lol: :lol:

How long did it take you to get your Journalism degree?

I heard journalism students like Palin, were slow learners, is that true?

Guess oldtimer has never heard of setteling a claim without going to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thousands of companies and people do it every day, sometimes it is CHEAPER to pay a fine without admission of guilt. or to settle for a set amount that taking it thru the courts!!!!!
but oldtimer would not know or have seen this, him being such and expert on law!!!!!!!ORRRRRR he is just plain blind or ignorant, i believe the latter and will til he proves differently and you all know how he never proves anything
:roll: :roll:

A Newsmax examination of the House Ethics Committee report, and the record of the House debate in January 1997 as recorded in the Congressional Record, supports Gingrich's contention that the $300,000 he paid was a "reimbursement" or "sanction" related to legal fees, but not a fine or admission of any wrongdoing.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Gingrich Never Fined, Ethics Violation, Ethics Probe

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/gingrich-refutes-ethics-fine/2012/01/25/id/425485

Response oldtimer??????
Seems that every time you try to slam Newt you get your butt handed to you and you have no response but but but but, even in other forums...
How does it make you feel to know that you get no respect from your peers unless you buy the drinks :wink: :wink: :wink:

funny how the facts do not support the media version...

The full committee panel did not agree whether tax law had been violated and left that issue up to the IRS.[70] In 1999, the IRS cleared the organizations connected with the "Renewing American Civilization" courses under investigation for possible tax violations

cleared...

On July 11, Gingrich met with senior Republican leadership to assess the situation. He explained that under no circumstance would he step down. If he was voted out, there would be a new election for Speaker, which would allow for the possibility that Democrats—along with dissenting Republicans—would vote in Dick Gephardt as Speaker. On July 16, Paxon offered to resign his post, feeling that he had not handled the situation correctly, as the only member of the leadership who had been appointed to his position—by Gingrich

didn't resign due to false allegations..

Republicans lost five seats in the House in the 1998 elections—the worst midterm performance in 64 years for a party that didn't hold the presidency. Polls showed that the attempt to remove President Clinton from office, by Gingrich and the Republican Party, was deeply unpopular among voters.[75] Gingrich suffered much of the blame for the election loss[/bn]. He announced on November 5, 1998, that he would not only stand down as Speaker, but would leave the House as well.[76]

stepped down after "election losses"

Gingrich made this announcement only a day after being elected to an 11th term from his district.

those in his district most likely had followed the facts instead of the smear reported by the national new media.. and re-elected him...

Latest posts