• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just Wandering

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Breeder

Reaction score
Just wandering what you guys prefered when buying bulls at a sale. Would you rather buy them at an all bull sale, or would you rather buy them at the yearly female sale? Just thinking about switching things up a little and thought I would float the idea.

Angus Breeder said:
Just wandering what you guys prefered when buying bulls at a sale. Would you rather buy them at an all bull sale, or would you rather buy them at the yearly female sale? Just thinking about switching things up a little and thought I would float the idea.

I always like the bull sales that have heifers and cows for sale also- sometimes even if I don't buy a bull I'll pick up some heifers or cows I like...I think it could add to your number of potential buyers...Especially if a fellow travels a distance, it gives you more to choose from....But I don't follow the trend of going to the big name 3 day sales that sell bulls for 2 days and cows another...Too many good or better cattle being bred by the smaller guys that know their individual cattle and what they will or will not do for you a whole lot better than these big outfits...

I agree with you. We will usually sell about 20 commercial cows/heifers along with about every 75 bulls, but stay away from the registered females on bull day. Or bulls in the spring and females in the fall.

FH,

Try to get a good crowd in good weather, LOL!

If the weather is good, too many guys will try to get work done at home hile they hae a chance, maybe go to another the next weekend if the weather turns back,

A good thing about Bulll Sles is itgives you a chance to seee folks again,

PPRM

Latest posts