• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just wonderin--

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lonecowboy

Reaction score
I got to wondering something--

Who had Oldtimer influenced?
Is there anybody on here that believes Oldtimer on the TEA party?
Has any of the seeds he has planted grown?

Please stand up and name yourself if Oldtimer has turned you against the TEA party movement!

Lonecowboy- I'm not sure I'm trying to turn anyone away from the Tea Party--instead just making sure they see the WHOLE picture of what is involved with some of the Tea Party...And the reason many question their motives/direction which seems to get less clear daily with their constant straying to other issues besides government size, taxes , and the deficit...
And the reason I won't be involved with them (altho I've never belonged to any cult anyway- and always voted for the person- not the cult)...

Its more of a challenge to the Tea Party to clean up their act- set some hard policy on why they exist- and police their membership of the extremists if they want to be accepted as legit by the mainstream of the country...

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy- I'm not sure I'm trying to turn anyone away from the Tea Party--instead just making sure they see the WHOLE picture of what is involved with some of the Tea Party...And the reason many question their motives/direction which seems to get less clear daily with their constant straying to other issues besides government size, taxes , and the deficit...
And the reason I won't be involved with them (altho I've never belonged to any cult anyway- and always voted for the person- not the cult)...

Its more of a challenge to the Tea Party to clean up their act- set some hard policy on why they exist- and police their membership of the extremists if they want to be accepted as legit by the mainstream of the country...

You can't sell that line to anyone. You lose the battle when you come on here and call the people names who are sympathetic to the Tea Party goals of turning this country back to what the founding father set forth.
You should question your own ideals when you have to LIE about anyone who agrees with the Tea Party. Maybe it would be a good start to clean up your own ACT first.

Your post says one thing, you are completely missing what the Tea Party is saying.

Is this the image of the leadership that you believe will inspire mainstream rational America to be followers of your movement?

teapartypic-2.jpg

oldtimer wrote:

and police their membership of the extremists if they want to be accepted as legit by the mainstream of the country...

what is extreme? what is mainstream? who are you to decide?

are you "mainstream" oldtimer?

Nice try at diverting from the original topic-

I see all your friends have shown up to defend your ideas! :D

Is this what Oldtimer wants in leadership for the mainstream?
(Watch the guy in the red baseball cap)

THESE are the ones protesting the Tea Party movement:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76kUf2g-8FY&feature=related

ot if you would quit trying to portray all Tea Party people as this fringe people I will quit assuming you are like this rogue cop. Do you agree with everyone in all the organizations that you participate in.

It is time for you to stop your crap

Larrry said:
ot if you would quit trying to portray all Tea Party people as this fringe people I will quit assuming you are like this rogue cop. Do you agree with everyone in all the organizations that you participate in.

So are you saying that rogue cops shouldn't be exposed- just like some of the extremist nuts in the Tea Party shouldn't be exposed?...

I think they both should- and I understand the State Police have it under investigation by the Internal Affairs Div. and personnel hearings are under way...

But the difference is- that folks like the Tea Party guy pictured above are being chosen as the Leadership and spokesmen of the Tea Party...The fellow pictured above was quoted as being the founder and head of a midwestern Tea Party group...The same with the major Montana Tea Party leader that went on the internet and gave the message that we should be out assaulting and murdering all homosexuals... Another Montana Tea Party group that hung a hangmans noose from its fairgrounds booth...

Is that really the intellect and message you want to send to people?

Mike said:

oh the COMMUNISTS--- Imagine that!

Lonecowboy said:
Mike said:

Yep--Radical extremists on both sides... But neither are the ones that I think we need now making our very important political decisions..

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Mike said:

Yep--Radical extremists on both sides... But neither are the ones that I think we need now making our very important political decisions..

You are aligning yourself with Communists in that they are the ones protesting the Tea party, yet you call them extremists?

You can't have it both ways.

As I said before, you're a phony. If you were truly trying to take the middle ground, it's the Tea Party you would side with over Communism and the Progressive Radicals.

You post one picture and try to proclaim it as Tea Party leadership.

You're a phony. :roll: Liar too.

Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:

So are you saying that rogue cops shouldn't be exposed- just like some of the extremist nuts in the Tea Party shouldn't be exposed?...

I think they both should- and I understand the State Police have it under investigation by the Internal Affairs Div. and personnel hearings are under way...

But the difference is- that folks like the Tea Party guy pictured above are being chosen as the Leadership and spokesmen of the Tea Party...The fellow pictured above was quoted as being the founder and head of a midwestern Tea Party group...The same with the major Montana Tea Party leader that went on the internet and gave the message that we should be out assaulting and murdering all homosexuals... Another Montana Tea Party group that hung a hangmans noose from its fairgrounds booth...

The problem is you are trying to align anyone who believes the way the Tea party believes as a a rogue radical. It isn't so and to try and do that is purely lying about who the tea party is and the goals of the people of the tea party.

For a while an organization I belonged to had a radical that tried to run the organization. I hung with the organization for a while as did most of the members. In time the guy was negated and he quit and didn't come back.

Did you hear about the cop who had sex with the woman on the hood of the car inbroad daylight with his uniform on....using your theory.....how many times did you do that on the hood of the car on the taxpayers dime????????????????????

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Mike said:

Yep--Radical extremists on both sides... But neither are the ones that I think we need now making our very important political decisions..[/quote]

oh, radical extremists on both sides- so where does that put say anarchists, somewhere in between?

How do you get off trying to label a group of people that believes in restoring a lawful, Constitutionally limited Republic as radical or extreme?
It is you left of center types that are perverting our Constitution!
You Oldtimer are radical and extreme!

Oldtimer wrote:

The same with the major Montana Tea Party leader that went on the internet and gave the message that we should be out assaulting and murdering all homosexuals...

OK that has been proven time and time again as an outright LIE-
you keep repeating it trying to make it stick- How is that working for you Oldtimer? How many people believe Oldtimer on this one, please stand up and be counted?

Oldtimer said:
Larrry said:

Is your level of intellect so low that you do not get the picture oldtimer????? All that is being done is the same theng that YOU do when comparing every one in the tea party as extremists!!!

By your standards then every cop is bagging some one on the hood of a car, or is a wife beater, or is a liar bribe taker, there fore YOU are all of the above

EH???????

Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer wrote:

The same with the major Montana Tea Party leader that went on the internet and gave the message that we should be out assaulting and murdering all homosexuals...

you keep repeating it trying to make it stick- How is that working for you Oldtimer? How many people believe Oldtimer on this one, please stand up and be counted?

You may have somehow rationalized it in your mind- and proven it to yourself-- but it pretty well speaks for itself...

I do have to give this MT Tea Party an atta boy for recognizing the damage this extremist leader (Ravndal) was doing for their cause and getting rid of him as a leader-- but it still leaves me questioning their thinking for electing someone this radical to a leadership role in the first place...

Montana Tea Party Leader Axed Over Comments Concerning Hanging Of Homosexuals
The Huffington Post | Nick Wing First Posted: 09- 7-10 10:18 AM | Updated: 11- 7-10 05:12 AM

The president of Montana's Big Sky Tea Party Association has been fired from his leadership position following remarks made online that implied his support for the public hanging of homosexuals.

According to a report from the Helena Independent Record, former Big Sky Tea Party president Tim Ravndal had the following exchange posted on his Facebook profile back in July:

Tim Ravndal: "Marriage is between a man and a woman period! By giving rights to those otherwise would be a violation of the constitution and my own rights"

Keith Baker: "How dare you exercise your First Amendment Rights?"

Dennis Scranton: "I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions."

Tim Ravndal: "@Kieth, OOPS I forgot this aint America no more! @Dennis, Where can I get that Wyoming printed instruction manual?"

Dennis Scranton: "Should be able to get info Gazette archives. Maybe even an illustration. Go back a bit over ten years."

The conversation was posted as a reaction to a recent ACLU lawsuit filed against the state of Montana in order to secure greater rights for same-sex couples and their families, and appears to allude to the gruesome murder of gay University of Wyoming student Matthew Shepard, who was tortured and tied to fencepost in Laramie in 1998. He later died from his injuries.

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:
Oldtimer wrote:

You may have somehow rationalized it in your mind- and proven it to yourself-- but it pretty well speaks for itself...

I do have to give this MT Tea Party an atta boy for recognizing the damage this extremist leader (Ravndal) was doing for their cause and getting rid of him as a leader-- but it still leaves me questioning their thinking for electing someone this radical to a leadership role in the first place...

Montana Tea Party Leader Axed Over Comments Concerning Hanging Of Homosexuals
The Huffington Post | Nick Wing First Posted: 09- 7-10 10:18 AM | Updated: 11- 7-10 05:12 AM

The president of Montana's Big Sky Tea Party Association has been fired from his leadership position following remarks made online that implied his support for the public hanging of homosexuals.

According to a report from the Helena Independent Record, former Big Sky Tea Party president Tim Ravndal had the following exchange posted on his Facebook profile back in July:

Tim Ravndal: "Marriage is between a man and a woman period! By giving rights to those otherwise would be a violation of the constitution and my own rights"

Dennis Scranton: "I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions."

Tim Ravndal: "@Kieth, OOPS I forgot this aint America no more! @Dennis, Where can I get that Wyoming printed instruction manual?"

Dennis Scranton: "Should be able to get info Gazette archives. Maybe even an illustration. Go back a bit over ten years."

The conversation was posted as a reaction to a recent ACLU lawsuit filed against the state of Montana in order to secure greater rights for same-sex couples and their families, and appears to allude to the gruesome murder of gay University of Wyoming student Matthew Shepard, who was tortured and tied to fencepost in Laramie in 1998. He later died from his injuries.

OK. this is a waste of time but I will try one more time, let's break this down line by line>

Nothing wrong or hatefilled or anti-gay in that sentence by Tim R., let's move on.

OK, nothing wrong in that statement!, moving on

]Dennis Scranton: "I think fruits are decorative. Hang up where they can be seen and appreciated. Call Wyoming for display instructions."

OK, this is Dennis Scranton -not Tim R. who you ot are trying to pin this on, lets see tim's response>moving on

Tim Ravndal: "@Kieth, OOPS I forgot this aint America no more

responding to freedom of speech- nothing anti gay or hatefilled here> moving on
@Dennis, Where can I get that Wyoming printed instruction manual?"
OK, here is the terrible response in question- "Where can I get that Wyoming printed instruction manual?" If you know the shepard case and know that's what's being refered too this could be taken as anti-gay.But to portray this as advocating killing all gays is a far far stretch oldtimer.
So the question is, Did Tim R. know what this was in reference to? let's read on>

Dennis Scranton: "Should be able to get info Gazette archives. Maybe even an illustration. Go back a bit over ten years."[/b]

So even Dennis Scranton doesn't think Tim R. understands what he is refering to! HMMMMMMMM! that is interesting isn't it? and this exchange makes Tim R. calling for the killing and torture of gays? at the very best circumstancial evidence.

Oltimer wrote:
and appears to allude to the gruesome murder of gay University of Wyoming student Matthew Shepard, who was tortured and tied to fencepost in Laramie in 1998.

appears to allude by Dennis Scranton was talking about Matthew Shepard NOT Tim R.
Appears to ellude that even Dennis Scranton didn't think Tim R. was following his conversation.
Appears to ellude that Oldtimer is lying, or at least stretching to the wildest limits, the truth about Tim Ravndal and trying to use this to defame the TEA party.

Who has oldtimer influenced negatively about Tim Ravndal?, please stand up and be counted! Who has Oldtimer influenced negatively about the TEA party? please stand up and be counted!

Latest posts