• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

K- State hit by tornado

Help Support Ranchers.net:

efb

Reaction score
I understand Weber Hall ( Animal Science )was hit pretty hard by a tornado last night. Does anyone know any more details ?

last I heard no dorms were hit. the building housing the Nuke reactor was hit, but everything is safe inside. Weber is in bad shape, and there were 6 other buildings on campus with a lot of damage. initial reports are well over 20 million in KSU alone. Manhattan lost a BUNCH on the north west side of town. I think you can get a real good deal on a Toyota if you want dings dents and no windows.

Chapman (pop. 1200) is 80 % gone, or condemned. I understand there was a small twister near the location of the Country Stampede site....had this happened in a few weeks, it could have been even more deadly than it was.

2 people are dead from the storms in Kansas last night.

I have heard that Sandhusker was sending donations to help rebuild KSU, his TRUE love!

jigs said:
I have heard that Sandhusker was sending donations to help rebuild KSU, his TRUE love!

I heard he was just matching funds for all the "I'm your biggest fan checks" you wrote to Nebraska. You Husker in Hiding!

jigs said:
last I heard no dorms were hit. the building housing the Nuke reactor was hit, but everything is safe inside. Weber is in bad shape, and there were 6 other buildings on campus with a lot of damage. initial reports are well over 20 million in KSU alone. Manhattan lost a BUNCH on the north west side of town. I think you can get a real good deal on a Toyota if you want dings dents and no windows.

Chapman (pop. 1200) is 80 % gone, or condemned. I understand there was a small twister near the location of the Country Stampede site....had this happened in a few weeks, it could have been even more deadly than it was.

2 people are dead from the storms in Kansas last night.

Now this isn't good news...we were looking at housing for my kid on the north side of Manhattan...guess we'll see what's left when we go down there in a week or two...glad he wasn't there during the tornado though...Hope they get the animal science building fixed up..since that is his major..

My daughter and son in law are spending the summer in Manhattan, both in grad school, an sci. Weber is expected to be done by the time school starts. Most of the damage was south and west of campus so the apartment options should be ok.

Jassy, I may know a couple people with housing....let me know if you want help

jigs said:
CattleArmy said:
She said housing not brothel. :shock: :) :wink:
Aggieville tends to get a bit wild.......

Ummmm...last month when hubby and kid went to look at housing,,,they had a lovely evening meal in aggieville..lol or so they told me...lol

We've got several places to check out and we do have a contact there to scope out the housing...thanks for offering though...Although I'm sure that Jigs has the utmost upstanding reputation down there..lol

Latest posts