• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kansas Pheasants

okfarmer

Reaction score
Anyone got a feel for what this fall should be like as far as numbers?

jigs

Reaction score
I saw very few chicks this summer...i think it will be kinda short

eatbeef

Reaction score
Same here, very few chicks. Just seen some that couldnt be more than a couple weeks old, so they are a little late to. I have seen alot of mature pheasants, but we also have milo and crp that i go by everyday so i pry see more than areas with less ideal habitat.

okfarmer

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Dang, I was afraid of that. Didn't get to make it up there last year, and this year I can.

I really enjoy and appreciate the walk in access you have in Kansas. I wish we had something like that down here so that more people and especially youth could get out and enjoy the outdoors easier. After using it in Kansas, I think I would sign up for it. Do you see much down side?

jigs

Reaction score
the down side is owning or renting land NEXT to walk in hunting...I am constantly pointing out the signs to people that the walk in area ended.....
also, I am suprised at the 4 wheeler trail left in the walk in area...I guess the fish and game can ride anywhere they want....they even cut a few old wires, drove down OUR field to gain access....

it is good for the youth , you are right there! the quail have really taken an upswing in this area..I think they are more fun to hunt than pheasants anyway

Latest posts