• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Kicking Bear program for kids(pics)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Here locally there is a place called Deerassic Park. They just built it a few years ago and are starting to get set up and geared toward educating the young-uns about the outdoors. Hunting and being in the woods is nothing new to my little ones but there are alot of town kids that don't even get to see a squirrel on a regular basis.
This was the 2nd year for the Kicking Bear program. We didn't make it last year and only made it to day one this year. The kids had fun and are already planning on camping out for both days next year.
They brought in "professional" bow hunters for day 2. Went over the safety issues and helped the kids with the basis of shooting a bow. Great program, IMO.
My kids are not old enough for the traditional 4-H club yet. They are what you call Clover Buds. My son doesn't want to show an animal like the girls want to. He is all about that little bow of his and is determined to be in the shooting sports 4-H. He is actually a pretty good shot too. He wants to enter local competitions when he is old enough. He's a man with a plan.

My kids and their t-shirts and hats
IMG_4906.jpg

Casting on the pond at the Kicking Bear. They had big name fishermen there showing the kids different ways to cast and when to use the different methods. They were all great with the kids.
IMG_4918.jpg

Now he wasts to upgrade from the bb gun to this Daisy pellet gun. Cody says it is "funner to shoot".
IMG_4939.jpg

Throwing a 6ft "dart". The feller that was showing the kids his darts says there are competitions for this. He has won several he said and really enjoys it.
IMG_4946.jpg

Deer that were fenced in at the park compound. Some nice young bucks and some dandy mature ones too. The kids were able to feed them carrots. They were still flighty, espically the older ones and the bucks.
IMG_4966.jpg

IMG_4912.jpg

IMG_4965.jpg

And new blooms on one of my rose bushes. We got 4 tenths of much needed rain last night.
IMG_4999.jpg

That deer seems to be looking longingly at your dewy roses. Hope your fence is tall Around here no roses without a fence.

Latest posts