• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Koreans SHUN US Beef!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OLDTIMER wrote

One of the Korean articles I saw the other day even stated there had been some public suicides to draw attention to it .....

perhaps rcalf could try this tactic.......en mass

What do you canucks get outa makin insults with your keyboard ? I believe if you think about this R CALF deal you will realize,as long as you are a packer employee,you can make all the cheap insults you want................but R CALF stays after your canuck ass :wink:
good luck

Sandhusker said:
hypocritexposer said:
I don't know why they would even have any doubts about the safety of the meat, or testing, if it even private testing was available.

PHOENIX -- A Maricopa man has pleaded guilty in a case that involved bogus testing for mad cow disease.

Roland Emerson Farabee, 55, had a federal government contract to collect samples from high-risk animals and submit them to the U.S. Department of Agriculture for testing. He was also supposed to keep the carcasses in a freezer until the tests were done.

But Farabee delivered tests from healthy animals and didn't keep the carcasses. He and his company, Farm Fresh Meats, Inc., pleaded guilty this week to theft of government funds, wire fraud and mail fraud. The scam cost the government $390,000.

Farabee was paid $150 for each specimen he submitted.

Math - $390,000 / 150 = 2900 head. Shocked

That's old news and has nothing to do with this topic.

How does this not pertain to the topic? Do you not think Koreans can read and recall? No where in the articles that were posted did it say anything about voluntary testing of beef, so it is you Sandhusker, that has directed this thread to your own agenda.

HAY MAKER said:
What do you canucks get outa makin insults with your keyboard ? I believe if you think about this R CALF deal you will realize,as long as you are a packer employee,you can make all the cheap insults you want................but R CALF stays after your canuck ass :wink:
good luck

Don't be winking at us, after talking about being after our asses. The right to be gay was a topic on another thread.

hypocritexposer said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

Don't be winking at us, after talking about being after our asses. The right to be gay was a topic on another thread.

Hmmmm the way you interpet this post tells me you have homosexual tendencies,stay away from my posts damned homo.

hypocritexposer said:
I'll definitely keep my back to the wall, when reading your posts!!

WHA the Hell ????????????? are you back around here again you lil homo,thought I told you to Git!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

HAY MAKER said:
hypocritexposer said:

WHA the Hell ????????????? are you back around here again you lil homo,thought I told you to Git!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Well, that's the problem with you RCALFer's, you think you can "be after everyone's asses" and then just tell them to "git" afterwards. If I don't git, are you going to take me to court? That's worked so well for you in the past.

It will soon be time for RCALF to pay some bills, maybe you can tell the lawyers, "to git"

hypocritexposer said:
HAY MAKER said:
hypocritexposer said:

Well, that's the problem with you RCALFer's, you think you can "be after everyone's asses" and then just tell them to "git" afterwards. If I don't git, are you going to take me to court? That's worked so well for you in the past.

It will soon be time for RCALF to pay some bills, maybe you can tell the lawyers, "to git"

Why are you concerned with R CALF bills,as long as there are cattlemen that believe canada is just one big packer owned feedlot,manipulating beef prices,there will be ranchers willing to pay the bills.
good luck

PS you might wanna consider turkey farming,its just a matter of time till M COOL limits the imports,add the fact cattlemen are going to demand the checkoff promote *USA* beef and where does that leave you ?
yup right where I thought.......turkey farming :D

hypocritexposer said:
Sandhusker said:
hypocritexposer said:
I don't know why they would even have any doubts about the safety of the meat, or testing, if it even private testing was available.

That's old news and has nothing to do with this topic.

How does this not pertain to the topic? Do you not think Koreans can read and recall? No where in the articles that were posted did it say anything about voluntary testing of beef, so it is you Sandhusker, that has directed this thread to your own agenda.

If you had been following the US - Korean realtionship with beef the last few years, you would know that their hangup is untested beef. They wouldn't be protesting if BSE tested beef was an option. So, instead of watching them take home US beef that has been tested, we watch them protest in the streets after eating our competitor's beef. One hell of a success for USDA/NCBA.

HAY MAKER said:
hypocritexposer said:
HAY MAKER said:

Why are you concerned with R CALF bills,as long as there are cattlemen that believe canada is just one big packer owned feedlot,manipulating beef prices,there will be ranchers willing to pay the bills.
good luck

PS you might wanna consider turkey farming,its just a matter of time till M COOL limits the imports,add the fact cattlemen are going to demand the checkoff promote *USA* beef and where does that leave you ?
yup right where I thought.......turkey farming :D

Are you talking about the RCALF lawyer bills, for fighting trade with Canada, or the bills associated with taking to court those very same ranchers that donate to your cause?

This money has come out of the "R-CALF Litigation Fund". This is the same fund that is paying for the OTM suit. In other words, a producer who contributes either through his membership dues or at a calf sale has his donation thrown into a single pot - "the litigation fund". Although this producer is told his contribution is for fighting the OTM rule, in reality his contribution is also funding the lawsuits against fellow producers - lawsuits which have absolutely no impact on his bottom line! If members were made aware of the facts of these lawsuits, they would in all likelihood refuse to make any further contributions to R-CALF whatsoever. This has certainly been the case with many producers around the country who have learned of the true circumstances.

Instead of snippin parts of news article you can dramatize, post the article and author in its entirety,thats the problem with you canuckleheads always blowing things outa porportion and dramatizing half truths,dang packer employees can color up a story redder,n a navajo blanket.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Instead of snippin parts of news article you can dramatize, post the article and author in its entirety,thats the problem with you canuckleheads always blowing things outa porportion and dramatizing half truths,dang packer employees can color up a story redder,n a navajo blanket.
good luck

Are these comments also by "canuckleheads", or concerned American Ranchers.

"Very thorough website. Learned a lot and I was totally unaware of what was happening with R-CALF. Guess they won't be getting any more of my money."

"Very thorough website. Learned a lot and I was totally unaware of what was happening with R-CALF. Guess they won't be getting any more of my money."

See more comments at http://www.swiftstallions.com/comments.htm

[/quote]

swiftstallions.............that sez it all,those fictious R CALF members posting comments about money are just that, fictious.I would like someone to tell me they talked to one of them in person,and they talked about the costs of the Pickett case.
good luck

Maybe this letter will help Haymaker. Is this one of those ficticious RCALF members.

February 24, 2008

Dear Randy,

What prompts this email to you is the following article "Bully Bill," by Steve Dittmer. Additionally, you'll read my earlier response.

Yesterday, as Chuck and I were leaving the R-CALF convention, we happened to bump into Reed Kelly. This gave opportunity to ask him, that which I wanted to ask you, but decided it best not to after a most confusing by-law review session.

Basically, I asked Reed exactly how much R-CALF money is being spent on what appears to be a personal lawsuit.

Randy, when soliciting anyone for anything, it's wonderful to have genuine enthusiasm, facts, and a passion to push forward. Generating membership interest in R-CALF is not exempt. One should be able to look prospective members right in the eye, be pretty darn happy as to why they should join, and able to state truthfully that not one cent of their membership/calf-sale/donations will go towards any personal matter

Many cow-calf producers are like Bill Hancock. And your brother Haney. Honest, sturdy footed and well read folks who, while they might pull a leg once in a while (OK. All the time!), they don't take kindly to people who engage in fancy dancing.

They spend their hard fought money carefully, and ask a lot of questions before they do so. They cut deals on a handshake, and ride for the brand.

I cautioned Reed that R-CALF's lack of transparency and operating in such a clandestine manner, is un-acceptable and exposes it to un-necessary speculation.

This leaves present members in an awkward position, and makes prospective members leery about joining. Most likely many existing members think they're still riding for the brand Leo McDonnell, Kathleen Kelly and Herman Schmacher built.

My fall conversation with Dr. Max Thornsberry did not meet with satisfaction. Hopes of hearing good reasons as to why we should renew our membership were dashed. But we renewed for reasons not essential to this note.

I suggested to Reed, that because Kathleen is a brilliant person, perhaps she'd indulge us members, by assisting R-CALF with full disclosure and break out of dollars spent.

If this is strictly a personal matter - between whomever and whomever, and does not involve R-CALF dollars in any way what-so-ever, then a person could care less about what's going on. But if one cent from the R-CALF budget is being spent on litigation, then members have a right to see all receipts and expenditures.

Reluctance to ask you these pertinent questions arose out of the by-laws meeting. For the final outcome of the by-law strikes seems to show: there can now be only one director per region; director has to sign confidentiality agreement; director can (Randy's response: cannot) be excused without cause.

R-CALF dictates that the only way a member can find out anything, is to ask their director, or travel to R-CALF's home office.

Given the strident structure directors are now held under, asking you to get answers to these questions might put you at peril. For if the powers that be don't like your request in my behalf, they may excuse you without cause?? So if you have reason to believe fulfilling my request may put you in harms way, your declining will be respected.

On a lighter side, we enjoyed Kimmi Lewis's "Property Rights" session immensely, met some new friends, and got a lot out of some of the other speakers.

If the present R-CALF officers should deny such opportunities of accounting transparency, speculations could run amuck to such extent they'd seriously jeopardize the financial stability of US cow-calf producers. And the NCBA would be the ultimate winner.

You've always shot straight with me Randy, and I have great faith that you will continue.

Thank you,
Roni Bell Sylvester

cc: Not private. Fully disclosed to everyone.

Whats your point,I have no trouble getting financial information,the folks at swiftstallion have a grudge,and really need to get a life.
What have they done for the cattleman,spread baseless rumors ?
R CALF is the cattlemans choice,they are fighting for the *US* cattlemen and women..................good luck

PS the lawsuit aimed at swiftstallion was not personal,it was decided they were spreading baseless rumors to the detriment of R CALF and had to be stopped .

hypocritexposer said:
Maybe this letter will help Haymaker. Is this one of those ficticious RCALF members.

February 24, 2008

Dear Randy,

What prompts this email to you is the following article "Bully Bill," by Steve Dittmer. Additionally, you'll read my earlier response.

Yesterday, as Chuck and I were leaving the R-CALF convention, we happened to bump into Reed Kelly. This gave opportunity to ask him, that which I wanted to ask you, but decided it best not to after a most confusing by-law review session.

Basically, I asked Reed exactly how much R-CALF money is being spent on what appears to be a personal lawsuit.

Randy, when soliciting anyone for anything, it's wonderful to have genuine enthusiasm, facts, and a passion to push forward. Generating membership interest in R-CALF is not exempt. One should be able to look prospective members right in the eye, be pretty darn happy as to why they should join, and able to state truthfully that not one cent of their membership/calf-sale/donations will go towards any personal matter

Many cow-calf producers are like Bill Hancock. And your brother Haney. Honest, sturdy footed and well read folks who, while they might pull a leg once in a while (OK. All the time!), they don't take kindly to people who engage in fancy dancing.

They spend their hard fought money carefully, and ask a lot of questions before they do so. They cut deals on a handshake, and ride for the brand.

I cautioned Reed that R-CALF's lack of transparency and operating in such a clandestine manner, is un-acceptable and exposes it to un-necessary speculation.

This leaves present members in an awkward position, and makes prospective members leery about joining. Most likely many existing members think they're still riding for the brand Leo McDonnell, Kathleen Kelly and Herman Schmacher built.

My fall conversation with Dr. Max Thornsberry did not meet with satisfaction. Hopes of hearing good reasons as to why we should renew our membership were dashed. But we renewed for reasons not essential to this note.

I suggested to Reed, that because Kathleen is a brilliant person, perhaps she'd indulge us members, by assisting R-CALF with full disclosure and break out of dollars spent.

If this is strictly a personal matter - between whomever and whomever, and does not involve R-CALF dollars in any way what-so-ever, then a person could care less about what's going on. But if one cent from the R-CALF budget is being spent on litigation, then members have a right to see all receipts and expenditures.

Reluctance to ask you these pertinent questions arose out of the by-laws meeting. For the final outcome of the by-law strikes seems to show: there can now be only one director per region; director has to sign confidentiality agreement; director can (Randy's response: cannot) be excused without cause.

R-CALF dictates that the only way a member can find out anything, is to ask their director, or travel to R-CALF's home office.

Given the strident structure directors are now held under, asking you to get answers to these questions might put you at peril. For if the powers that be don't like your request in my behalf, they may excuse you without cause?? So if you have reason to believe fulfilling my request may put you in harms way, your declining will be respected.

On a lighter side, we enjoyed Kimmi Lewis's "Property Rights" session immensely, met some new friends, and got a lot out of some of the other speakers.

If the present R-CALF officers should deny such opportunities of accounting transparency, speculations could run amuck to such extent they'd seriously jeopardize the financial stability of US cow-calf producers. And the NCBA would be the ultimate winner.

You've always shot straight with me Randy, and I have great faith that you will continue.

Thank you,
Roni Bell Sylvester

cc: Not private. Fully disclosed to everyone.

Are you going to post the answer?

Latest posts