• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Labor official resigns amid corruption probe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Does this go all the way to the top, like everything that happened while Bush was President?

obama must have told this guy to take a federal procurement rules and regulations holiday :wink: :lol:

AP) WASHINGTON — An assistant secretary at the Department of Labor has resigned after an internal investigation found that he improperly steered federal contracts to friends and former colleagues.

Raymond Jefferson, who headed the department's Veterans Employment and Training Service since 2009, used his position to coerce or intimidate other employees to make the awards without open competition, according to a July 21 report by the agency's acting inspector general, Daniel Petrole.

Jefferson resigned his post on Tuesday, Labor Department spokesman Carl Fillichio said.

The report said that Jefferson and other lower ranking officials engaged in conduct "which reflects a consistent disregard of federal procurement rules and regulations, federal ethics principles and the proper stewardship of appropriated dollars."

The investigation was prompted after a whistleblower reported irregularities last year to Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.

In one case, the report found that Jefferson and a deputy pressured colleagues to hire Stewart Liff, an employee management author and speaker who specializes in boosting employee performance. When that didn't work, Jefferson told subordinates to instruct other contractors to hire Liff as a subcontractor at the highest possible rates.

Liff ultimately received about $700,000 over 16 months, twice as much as other firms were paid for similar work, the report said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/07/28/ap/cabstatepent/main20084829.shtml

hypocritexposer said:
obama must have told this guy to take a federal procurement rules and regulations holiday

I recall a certain poster here saying that about Bush and since he'd never talk out of his ass, there's surely a link to the actual story.

Post the linky please.

I don't think we are going to get rid of corrupt men and women in places of power.

The real test is what happens to them when they get caught. We have to make corruption an economic negative, not sweep it under the rug as if it it didn't happen to save the embarrassment.

Tex

Tex said:
I don't think we are going to get rid of corrupt men and women in places of power.

The real test is what happens to them when they get caught. We have to make corruption an economic negative, not sweep it under the rug as if it it didn't happen to save the embarrassment.

Tex

Don't you worry about that, obama's got a plan to "CHANGE how DC operates"

I'm sure we'll hear more about his plan as soon as campaigning begins

:lol: :lol:

Latest posts