• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ladies, blue jeans?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Have you ladies tried Ariat boots-I have a couple pairs that fit real good-they make something like 'Horseshoes' that are very comfortale-I think they were designed for endurance riders actually.

IMHO...Ariats are a really good boot and shoe.....From what I have tried on theyare a bit narrower than a roper especially in the fat babies. Who has a pair of fat babies. I do and love them for shopping although I don't think I would ride in them...

reader (the Second) said:
Northern Rancher said:
Have you ladies tried Ariat boots-I have a couple pairs that fit real good-they make something like 'Horseshoes' that are very comfortale-I think they were designed for endurance riders actually.

I have also heard that they fit folks with wide feet, Jessie.[/quote

Will check em out for sure Reader.. :D

Reader since you have what sounds like the same problem...ummmm how to put this lady like....huummmm gifted in the bust area. I am wondering if maybe thats why we need a lil wider of a boot so we don't teeter :lol: Get it get it.... baawaahhhaaa
Sorry I thought it was funny.

You do not want to ride in a lace-up shoe, boot or one with crepe soles, have seen too many people hung up with them and get drug. You want a boot that will come off if you get in this bad situation.

I have a deathly fear of hanging up and dragging, tho' I've never been close. I wear looseer fitting custom made boots. I don't wear shoes hardly ever and when I do they hurt my feet. when you must ride in lace ups, for goodness sake untie and lossen the laces, so they might come off if you do hang up!

And for the uninitiated, go off face first and you will have a lot less chance of hanging up.

Of course your face might end up looking like mine! :lol:

Jinglebob said:
I have a deathly fear of hanging up and dragging, tho' I've never been close. I wear looseer fitting custom made boots. I don't wear shoes hardly ever and when I do they hurt my feet. when you must ride in lace ups, for goodness sake untie and lossen the laces, so they might come off if you do hang up!

And for the uninitiated, go off face first and you will have a lot less chance of hanging up.

Of course your face might end up looking like mine! :lol:

I have a pair of Tony Lama buckaroo type boot they are junk 6 months old and falling apart.Last weekend I was at a rodeo team roping/bronc riding and I went right over the front and got slammed into the bucking chutes only thing hurt was my ego...

never could find a pair of boots that fit right since I have goofy feet. most folks right foot is bigger than left foot. I'm opposite, and also a very narrow AAA width. I've been wearing my last pair of boots for 3 years. 24/7 Literally. I sat down and drew out what I wanted and had some custom made boots done at the prison where hubby works. They make some awsome boots. I know custom aint in everyone's budget but if you can afford them that's the way to go, you'll never go back to store bought boots again if ya git a pair that fits just right. Mine fit like I'd been wearin them all my life the first time I put em on.

G'Day Jersey lilly, The extra cost of having a pair of boots made to fit is a pittance when you calculate how long your feet have got to last you. People harp on about teeth & how they are the only ones you will get issued but their feet are mostly ignored. I learned my lesson years ago when I was soldiering, an older soldier told me how to break in new issue boots,simply take them to the beach ,put them on wet (no socks) & walk around until they are dry then give them A good coat of polish straight away. I can tell you I walked over more than my share of this planet carrying large loads on my back & a stinking great machine gun around my neck & I never had as much as one blister whilst many around me were limping .

By the way we never wore socks & when you can go as long as 2-3 weeks without unlacing your boots it is the only way to go.

Give your feet A treat & spend A few more bucks on made to fit boots ,you will soon realise that they are a bargain.

regards
Tully
still striding along

Had a fella who sold boots tell me years ago, that if you will get two pair of your everyday work boots or shoes and switch them every day, they will last a lot longer. I have found that he was right. I think it's because it gives the boots a chance to dry out.

And some good boot cream applied liberaly and frequently helps them to last a lot longer too.

Funny, when I was a kid, my Dad's boots always lasted longer than mine???????

Now, mine last longer than my son's do. Might have something to do with where they walk and step and how many more steps they take in a day then us older fellers do? :lol:

rancher said:
You do not want to ride in a lace-up shoe, boot or one with crepe soles, have seen too many people hung up with them and get drug. You want a boot that will come off if you get in this bad situation.

The boots I wear are harley davidson pull on. The ones that lace up are the type that hurt my feet. Plus I like the comfort. The leather soles are to tough on my feet.
I did find some western style boots with grip rubber type sole but the heel was not the size I would like.

Another good thang about custom made boots..once you have your foot measured and one pair made..all you hafta do is call em up and order another pair because they keep the "lasts" that the boots were made on. At least "good boot makers" do.
Here's my pair.
My-Boots.jpg

I suppose that is the best you are going to do for the picture of the jeans huh? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Nice boots by the way. Gosh I wish it looked that green in these parts. And the trees would be nice too.

My cousin lives in Glenrose. How far is that from you? I know if they don't get 40 inches of rain a year it is a wipeout for them as their soil has lots of gravel and loam that drains away fast.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Another good thang about custom made boots..once you have your foot measured and one pair made..all you hafta do is call em up and order another pair because they keep the "lasts" that the boots were made on. At least "good boot makers" do.
Here's my pair.
My-Boots.jpg

Neat boots, especially the stars. Still looks green in TX.
Do you suppose the shoemaker's "lasts" are called that because they do last whereas the boots eventually wear out? just wondering

Well not just anyone can have a pair made at the prison. Ya hafta be an employee or have someone in your family that's one. But the price is great!!! them boots cost me a total of 100.00. they look very broke in but I can git out the polish and spiff em up and they look almost brand new again. They are Bull hide...nothin fancy. But was kinda funny while the man was making them several folks come into the bootshop there at the prison and asked him to make them a pair like these..he told em "nope, can't do, these was designed by the gal that they are for"
Only bad thing about it, I had to actually go to the prison, they locked me in a cell up front, went and got him, and locked him in there with me to measure my feet. I have no idea what he's in for...didnt wanna know..just wanted him to hurry it up n git the measurements done so i could git outta there...!!!!

He does. If they have a trade that they can make a little money at during their "off time" Inmates all have jobs doin something at the prison. whether it being cooking, machine shop, garment factory, license plate factory, matress factory, the cannery, etc they all have jobs.(Texas prison system is pretty much self sufficient). There is a craft shop at all prison units. If they dont have any marks against thier record and they want to work on their chosen craft, they can stay in there until 10pm or so and work on it. (thats after they have put in their 8 hours doing their regular job) Alot of the boots he makes are for prison guards, Wardens, the governor of texas, etc. They have jewelry makers, buckle makers, saddle makers furniture makers , etc. Just about any craft you can imagine they have someone that can do it. They can't charge as much as someone in the "free world" could for their crafts, but what they do charge goes into an account, sometimes sent home to family members, or they are able to use it to buy things at the commissary store on the prison unit. But most of the one's that market their crafts put the money in their account and save it for when and if they are released. That way they have a nest egg to start a business doing whatever craft they have, or just a start in general.

Ever hear the phrase "Cleanin like a mad woman!!"? hehe that's me..I clean house when Im mad.

As for hobbies? I have a bunch, genealogy, repainting old furniture, quilting, leather work,(not boots) but checkbook covers, cell phone holders, photo album covers etc... when I'm not busy it keeps me busy n sometimes I can make a few $s on the side

I definitely need to get some hobbies (besides watching televsion and writing email). I used to read a lot but I'm too restless now. I was depressed today so ran around grocery shopping and cleaning house. I really miss being up in Canada outdoors all day and into the night. It's getting time for me to get out of the city.

I sucks not being in Canada, eh? You should come to Algonquin sometime, or Banff. Then you will see the real outdoors. Let me know when you're coming, I'll take time off and show you the sites.

I once lived in a tent for 4 months around Banff, best time of my life.

Latest posts