• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Land prices

Help Support Ranchers.net:

He has terminal cancer, they gave him 6 months or something like that. He probably runs around 2000 mother cows or so here. There is a lot of trees along the river and they are thick enough they don't allow a lot of grass to grow. I would say that where there is grass it is pretty good. Less than a third of the ranch is deeded acres, with something like 16,000 national forest lease. The remainder is private lease and school land, both of which are variable. The forest lease has specific guidelines and restrictions. I am not sure how they handle the hunting, should be pretty good though. They have top of the line equipment and facilities from what I have seen.

Well I hate to hear about him having cancer. I know that it had 40,000+ acres just glanced at the acres break down. Knowing the family I thought that it had to be something bad for them to sell ground they just don't sell any very often.

There are a couple things about this sale that don't make a whole lot of sense. There is part of that ranch west of me, that isn't listed. That is what all of the locals want. Of the part that is for sale, they have done a good job of developing the land that they have owned long enough to get the work done on. The forest lease isn't a sure thing either, around here. What started out as a 6 month 150 cow lease is down to a 4 month 90 cow deal. Not on that place, but on an allotment next to it.

Latest posts