• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Land Value

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yeah there are some cows in that pen will damn sure eliminate you-those Brahmer cows are way easier to handle than EXT's-in fact they are probaby the most intelligent cattle there are if you know how to handle them-pretty honest cows actually if you give them a gate to go to they go-not like an EXT hooking around like a pig trying to run back through your legs lol. Did I mention I don't like EXT's.

Tap said:
MillIron, In the past I would have said that a ranch with a federal grazing lease might be the way to get into things cheaper, but they are not even reasonable anymore. You probably know the pitfalls there too, but it is always an option.

Here is a link for a ranch (Castle Gardens Ranch), or grazing unit west of you. You probably know that country, and how sparse it is out there. I think it is way overpriced, but it probably will sell. When I went to school in Riverton, I found out a lot of ranchers winter in that valley over there, and summer on these big leases.

Link: http://www.westernland.net/listings.htm

Good Luck!

The prices at Western Land Service are part of what I mean. $3M + for a place that won't generate a month of a loan payment for it, so it's priced soley for those who by land for a playground.

Frustrating.

Latest posts