• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Larceny at the AI Center

Help Support Ranchers.net:

VLS_GUY

Reaction score
It seems that an employee at a small semen broker in Ohio was caught stealing semen to the tune of $ 100,000 worth: http://www.whiotv.com/news/28461625/detail.html.
This should be a wake up call to all AI companies to keep better track of the custody of their products.

There was a number of semen tanks that were stolen in my area a couple of years ago. The thieves knew where the tanks were located and just what they were going after. Some of the tanks also had frozen embryos in them. As far as I know , they( the thieves) were never caught and the stolen merchandise was never recovered.

This proves a point I learned several years ago - - - - employees will steal much more than the customers!

I owned a small bar & Grill right outside the main doors of a factory and we had a geat lunch crowd ( 5 shifts, 3 for the day group and 2 for the afternoon workers ) and the number one reason for letting staff go was theft. And they can be very creative!

Then later I owned all the Ameritech cell phone stores from Indianapolis to the Ohio line and found many more people who were very creative with stealing.

Some of the people just seemed to feel it was their right to steal and would be very indignant when caught! Even if you had them on video they would denie and make up excuses for something they should have learned in Sunday School.

The big AI companies keep a pretty tight record of what the salepeople are selling and storing. I am an indeoendent rep for Accelerated and we do inventories twice a year. Some companies won't even let salespeople keep an inventory, they have to pre-order everything then it is shipped to the sales rep. This sounds like the company wasn't paying attention at all.

sic 'em reds said:
The big AI companies keep a pretty tight record of what the salepeople are selling and storing. I am an indeoendent rep for Accelerated and we do inventories twice a year. Some companies won't even let salespeople keep an inventory, they have to pre-order everything then it is shipped to the sales rep. This sounds like the company wasn't paying attention at all.

I hope you are a better rep for ACCELERATED than my local rep. half the time he will not return calls, so I have stopped using them at all, and have heard the same story from more than one person :mad:

Latest posts