• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Last of the Season

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Denny

Reaction score
Any more I only build these in the winter months a little extra help around and alot of feed to buy for bulls. Sure would have been nice to be born a little richer than so good looking but it is what it is.

a 80"x30' tri-axel

This is a 26' tandem axel

Both went to

80"x16' bumper hitch not much demand for these now days almost forgot how to build one..

We do have time for some more shop work but my truck needs a bed and I dropped a big rock in my tmr unknowingly so I'm sure thats a couple day project.

What kind of a bed flatbed? I backed into mine (regular pickup box) with the skidsteer I found another box with the opposit side good so this week I will make one good out of the two.
I found a good one in Minnesota but was to lazy to go get it.

cows101 said:
What kind of a bed flatbed? I backed into mine (regular pickup box) with the skidsteer I found another box with the opposit side good so this week I will make one good out of the two.

The box on the white dually is about destroyed I had a load of hay on my flatbed which has/had a jacking coupler it stripped out and dropped all the way down I heard a big bang and kept driveing to the stackyard unloaded the first bale and the damage was evident. I built a hay-bed on my 3/4 ton last winter that still has a couple tweaks needing work to get it to function properly. The dually will get a flatbed with some under body boxes and a headache rack.

That sound like a better idea than what I am doing I wanted to pull a Soapweed and get a new bale bed but cost was involved so I am fixing the one I have.

burnt said:
Really nice work Denny! What pound axle is under that 30"? How many hours in it?

3 7000# axels trailer was $12,500 we had 85 man hours roughly

cows101 said:
That sound like a better idea than what I am doing I wanted to pull a Soapweed and get a new bale bed but cost was involved so I am fixing the one I have.

More money for bulls :nod: :clap: :wink:

Denny said:
cows101 said:

The box on the white dually is about destroyed I had a load of hay on my flatbed which has/had a jacking coupler it stripped out and dropped all the way down I heard a big bang and kept driveing to the stackyard unloaded the first bale and the damage was evident. I built a hay-bed on my 3/4 ton last winter that still has a couple tweaks needing work to get it to function properly. The dually will get a flatbed with some under body boxes and a headache rack.

What is a 'jacking coupler'?

Faster horses said:
Denny said:
cows101 said:

What is a 'jacking coupler'?

The coupler has a crank on top and a bolster bolt down the center to adjust height or in this trailers case to unhook when loaded you could run the jacks down then back the couple up off the ball. Basically they are junk and because of that my box is junk.We refurbished this trailer 20 years ago then about 6 years ago I took it in on trade it was used for hauling firewood in its first life.

Latest posts