• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leachman's Horse Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Jim Leachman -love him or leave him-sure has some good looking horses up for sale this fall. Any idea how they traded last year-I know his bull sale was always entertaining to attend. That guy could sell Canadian calves to an R-calfer-ohh wait that's not a good analogy we all did that last year lol.

Skrewk

Reaction score
Not a big fan of leach-mans but they do have some nice horse. I really got a big kick out of your comment about selling Canadian cattle to R-calfers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

CattleCo

Reaction score
Jim has a nice set of horses..................I have done a lot of business with the Leachman's ALWAYS GOT PAID AND I WAS TREATED THE BEST!

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Like i said-we have one love 'em-one leave 'em post so far lol. I sure had lots of fun at his events over the years-everybody should attend one of his sales just for the experience that's for sure. A big commercial outfit hired me to help select bulls there-we made too trips down before the sale-got Lee to do an e.p.d search the whole nine yards. Finally got a 'short' list of 60 bulls made up. Well I went for a walk to stretch my legs and the bull buyer got caught up 'bull rolling' and bought 16 bulls-none of which we had selected-tooo funny. Ohh well live and learn. I finally gave my horse catalogue to my neighbor it was getting covered with drool fromme looking at it lol.

Skrewk

Reaction score
I probably shouldn't complain we got paid after a bit of effort, but somethings stick with stubborn people like me.
There's no denying that they have been doing something right or they would have disappeared some years ago.

A

Anonymous

Yes, there are some folks that could sell ice cubes to Eskimos. I will stay away from any of their dealings.

Haytrucker

Reaction score
I was with the understanding Leachman's sold quite the string of mares a while back, I think around 80 head or so. Didn't run them out of horses? I take it.
As per the "salesman" comment, I saw their sale-bill; in our neck of the woods that ( equipment for sale) might background 150 or 200 calves under "normal circumstances" , maybe more. They must have had some decent help. Or else Montanan's are as tough as I've heard.
FYI; I'm friends with with a fella who runs a place for the new owner of the mares. Just new owner of those horses, not a new rancher.

Latest posts