• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leaked from White House (parody)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002289.html

August 24, 2005
Leak: Draft of Bush Answer to Cindy Sheehan
by Scott Ott

(2005-08-24) -- An internal White House memo, leaked today, indicates how President George Bush initially planned to address Cindy Sheehan's question: What "noble cause" did my son die for?

The draft memo includes suggestions from White House communications staff, followed by several paragraphs apparently handwritten by the president.

While handwriting experts from CBS News continue to pore over the document to verify its authenticity, here is the text of the president's alleged response to the grieving Mom whose protest has captured the hearts of America's journalists.

Dear Mrs. Sheehan,
You have asked me to identify the noble cause for which your son died. I have not answered you personally out of respect for the nobility of your son's sacrifice.

Being president forces me into the spotlight, but I would rather stand in the shadows of men like Casey Sheehan.

Directing national attention on my response to your protest creates a distraction from what matters. The focus of our attention, and our admiration, should rest on people like Casey Sheehan, who stand in the breach when evil threatens to break out and consume a helpless people.

The running story on the news networks should be the valiant efforts of our troops -- the merchants of mercy who export freedom and import honor. They trade their own lives for the sake of others.

As a result, we live in a nation where a woman can camp outside of the president's house and verbally attack the president for weeks on end without fear of prison, torture or death. And the number of nations where such protest is possible has multiplied thanks to the work of our military.

You ask for what noble cause your son died?

In a sense he died so that people like you, who passionately oppose government policies, can freely express that opposition. As you camp in Crawford, you should take off your shoes, for you stand on holy ground. This land was bought with the blood of men like your son.

Now, 25 million Iraqis cry out to enjoy the life you take for granted. Most of them will never use their freedom to denigrate the sacrifice of those who paid for it. But once liberty is enshrined in law, they will be free to do so. And when the Iraqis finally escape their incarceration, hope will spread throughout that enslaved region of the world, eventually making us all safer and more free.

The key is in the lock of the prison door. Bold men risk everything to turn it.

Mrs. Sheehan, everyone dies. But few experience the bittersweet glory of death with a purpose -- death that sets people free and produces ripples of liberty hundreds of years into the future.

Casey Sheehan died that freedom might triumph over bondage, hope over despair, prosperity over misery. He died restoring justice and mercy. He lived and died to help to destroy the last stubborn vestiges of the Dark Ages.

To paraphrase President Lincoln, the world will little note nor long remember what you and I say here. But it can never forget what Casey Sheehan did during his brief turn on earth. If we are wise, we will take increased devotion to that cause for which he gave the last full measure of devotion.

Our brave warriors have blazed a trail. They have entrusted the completion of the task to those of us they left behind. Let's, you and I, resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.

Let's finish the work that they have thus far so nobly advanced.

Sincerely,
George W. Bush

He didn't write that . That memo is full of common sense and honesty, NEITHER of which Bushy has.

Really? Maybe you could give us an example of either his dishonesty or his lack of common sense. Bush seems to be blessed with an abundance of both truthfulness and sense that none of the Sheehan/Moore crowd shows evidence of possessing. Tell us more?

Horseman said:
Liberty Belle said:
He didn't write that . That memo is full of common sense and honesty, NEITHER of which Bushy has.

Really? Maybe you could give us an example of either his dishonesty or his lack of common sense. Bush seems to be blessed with an abundance of both truthfulness and sense that none of the Sheehan/Moore crowd shows evidence of possessing. Tell us more?

Truthfulness???????
1. WMD's
2. IRAQ and Al Queda
3. BSE conspiracies
4. Not to mention years of suspect business dealings
5. Yes, Mr. Guardsman I know it's your 4th tour but..........

Common Sense:

PLEASE

You are to far brainwashed to dicker with just keep digging your own grave.
Horseman - You put me in mind of a very irascible, quick-tempered, easily- angered and DISAGREEABLE individual who is closed-minded and has a focused agenda of a left-wing Liberal Democrat. Your attitude is tantamount to a toy lead soldier I once had as a little kid - he couldn't stand on his two feet unless someone either held him up or 'propped' him up against a wall! :? I finally got tired of trying to have him be part of my 'game' plans - - and threw him away! Perhaps if I would have put his feet to the fire and given him a solid base - he might have been able to stand alone! :wink:

Yup, those old brains are just plumb scrubbed clean. I am curious though. Have you read anything Cal has posted on here on these same subjects?

Could you elaborate a little on Bush's suspect business dealings? I must have missed those stories.

4th tour for National Guardsmen?

BSE conspiracies?

Must have missed those stories too. Care to post a link?

Here's a link for you about Iraqi uranium – definitely a WMD, don't you think?
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-07-07-iraq-uranium_x.htm

I'm giving you the transcript of a 1999 ABC News Report that I found extremely interesting. Would you care to read this before we visit again? I hate to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

The Osama - Hussein Connection
Sheila MacVicar, ABC News, January 14, 1999
'". . . [Mamdouh Mahmud] Salim, alleged to be a key military advisor and believed to be privy to bin Laden's most secret projects, is also apprehended. The US government alleges that he was under secret orders to procure enriched uranium for the purpose of developing nuclear weapons.
These are allegations bin Laden does not now deny. "It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims, but how we could use these weapons if we possessed them is up to us.
With an American price on his head, there weren't many places bin Laden could go, unless he teamed up with another international pariah, one also with an interest in weapons of mass destruction. Osama believes in the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend, and someone I should cooperate with.' That is certainly the current case with Iraq. Saddam Hussein has a long history of harboring terrorists: Carlos the Jackal, Abu Nida, Abu Abbas. The most notorious terrorist of their era all found shelter and support at one time in Baghdad.
Intelligence sources say bin Laden's long relationship with the Iraqis began as he helped Sudan's fundamentalist government in their efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction. Three weeks after the bombing, on August 31st, bin Laden reaches out to his friends in Iraq and Sudan. Iraq's vice president arrives in Khartoon to show his support for the Sudanese after the US attack. ABC News has learned that during these meetings, senior Sudanese officials, acting on behalf of bin Laden, asked if Saddam Hussein would grant him asylum.
Iraq was indeed interested. ABC News has learned that in December, an Iraqi intelligence chief, named Farouk Hijazi, now Iraq's ambassador to Turkey, made a secret trip to Afghanistan to meet with bin Laden. Three intelligence agencies tell ABC News they cannot be certain what was discussed, but almost certainly, they say, bin Laden has been told he would be welcome in Baghdad.''
And intelligent sources say that they can only speculate on the purpose of an alliance. What could bin Laden offer Saddam Hussein? Only days after he meets Iraqi officials, bin Laden tells ABC news that his network is wide and there are people prepared to commit terror in his name who he does not even control.
'It's our job to incite and to instigate. By the grace of God, we have done that.'"

Oh, by the way, look up parody in the dictionary. I think the the proper use of the word "to" is not the only thing that slipped by you.

Now give me that shovel, I have some digging to do...

Liberty Belle said:
Yup, those old brains are just plumb scrubbed clean. I am curious though. Have you read anything Cal has posted on here on these same subjects?

Could you elaborate a little on Bush's suspect business dealings? I must have missed those stories.

4th tour for National Guardsmen?

BSE conspiracies?

Must have missed those stories too. Care to post a link?

Here's a link for you about Iraqi uranium – definitely a WMD, don't you think?
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-07-07-iraq-uranium_x.htm

I'm giving you the transcript of a 1999 ABC News Report that I found extremely interesting. Would you care to read this before we visit again? I hate to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man...

The Osama - Hussein Connection
Sheila MacVicar, ABC News, January 14, 1999
'". . . [Mamdouh Mahmud] Salim, alleged to be a key military advisor and believed to be privy to bin Laden's most secret projects, is also apprehended. The US government alleges that he was under secret orders to procure enriched uranium for the purpose of developing nuclear weapons.
These are allegations bin Laden does not now deny. "It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims, but how we could use these weapons if we possessed them is up to us.
With an American price on his head, there weren't many places bin Laden could go, unless he teamed up with another international pariah, one also with an interest in weapons of mass destruction. Osama believes in the 'enemy of my enemy is my friend, and someone I should cooperate with.' That is certainly the current case with Iraq. Saddam Hussein has a long history of harboring terrorists: Carlos the Jackal, Abu Nida, Abu Abbas. The most notorious terrorist of their era all found shelter and support at one time in Baghdad.
Intelligence sources say bin Laden's long relationship with the Iraqis began as he helped Sudan's fundamentalist government in their efforts to acquire weapons of mass destruction. Three weeks after the bombing, on August 31st, bin Laden reaches out to his friends in Iraq and Sudan. Iraq's vice president arrives in Khartoon to show his support for the Sudanese after the US attack. ABC News has learned that during these meetings, senior Sudanese officials, acting on behalf of bin Laden, asked if Saddam Hussein would grant him asylum.
Iraq was indeed interested. ABC News has learned that in December, an Iraqi intelligence chief, named Farouk Hijazi, now Iraq's ambassador to Turkey, made a secret trip to Afghanistan to meet with bin Laden. Three intelligence agencies tell ABC News they cannot be certain what was discussed, but almost certainly, they say, bin Laden has been told he would be welcome in Baghdad.''
And intelligent sources say that they can only speculate on the purpose of an alliance. What could bin Laden offer Saddam Hussein? Only days after he meets Iraqi officials, bin Laden tells ABC news that his network is wide and there are people prepared to commit terror in his name who he does not even control.
'It's our job to incite and to instigate. By the grace of God, we have done that.'"

Oh, by the way, look up parody in the dictionary. I think the the proper use of the word "to" is not the only thing that slipped by you.

Now give me that shovel, I have some digging to do...
Liberty Belle - Kudos for a well done post! You covered it well!

Horseman said:
Liberty Belle said:

Truthfulness???????
1. WMD's
2. IRAQ and Al Queda
3. BSE conspiracies

Common Sense:

PLEASE

If there are proof of lies, then where's the impeachment? You've got nothing but left wing sound bites.

Cal said:
Horseman said:
Liberty Belle said:

Truthfulness???????
1. WMD's
2. IRAQ and Al Queda
3. BSE conspiracies

Common Sense:

PLEASE

If there are proof of lies, then where's the impeachment? You've got nothing but left wing sound bites.
Cal - This person is a classic example of a typical bitter, angry, hate-filled, negative pawn of the Left-Wing Liberal cabal who has to be 'propped up' by someone else! Read what this person says, and how it is said! Sound familiar?? Remind you of anyone?? Directly out of the Liberal "Play Book!" Look at the profile. No information there - - either! RICOCHET!

Horseman said:
Horseman, I have to agree he didn't write that. Not many Presidents write their own speeches nowadays, we pay for their high-priced speechwriters in one way or another. Its nice to know that all our federal legislators retire with full pay and health insurance paid for (or that is what I've been told,someone prove me wrong)

Its nice to know that all our federal legislators retire with full pay and health insurance paid for (or that is what I've been told,someone prove me wrong)

I believe you are correct in this assumption, if they had to live under social insecurity or the other programs for the rest of US, they would soon fix them, but which side to blame? not one "elected" representative seems brave enough to represent the people on this issue.

some have at least appeared to show a willingness to address the problems with SS and perscription drugs, but the dems say it doesn't need fixing?

Steve said:
Its nice to know that all our federal legislators retire with full pay and health insurance paid for (or that is what I've been told,someone prove me wrong)

I believe you are correct in this assumption, if they had to live under social insecurity or the other programs for the rest of US, they would soon fix them, but which side to blame? not one "elected" representative seems brave enough to represent the people on this issue.

some have at least appeared to show a willingness to address the problems with SS and perscription drugs, but the dems say it doesn't need fixing?
Would you expect them to say ANYTHING else?????????? These are the sorts and types of legislative decisions the Left wing Liberal Democrats have been doing for 63 years - that I personally am aware of! If anyone has to be curious as to why I feel the way I do about the Liberals after reading some of my posts - - -THAT is why! :twisted: :mad:

Steve said:

But Steve the last time I checked the Republicans aare the majority in Congress and were even during the Clinton era and you want to blame the Dems?

the debate over SS is a prime example,

ask any Dem in the last decade and the program was failing and had to be fixed, yet when a plan was made to fix it, they claim it is going to be just fine...

While I see the need for a federal plan to provide a safety net for those with little to no ability to invest thier own money, I fail to see how All Americans are forced to particapate in a plan that is a illigal ponzi scheme. by at least allowing choice in our retirement investment stradigy, the goverment would be once again allowing it's citizens to plan for thier own future.

With choice and planning, many Americans would be able to foresee thier own needs and to grow finacially and to take responsibility for thier own retirement.

But the only plan that the dems want is for the people to "depend" on the goverment for the "paltry" pension so they can "blame" the rich for thier inability to have planned for thier own needs....

, the issue should be put to a vote of the whole of the people, as I said the elected officials should be in the "SAME plan, as the rest of the people they represent...

But Steve the last time I checked the Republicans aare the majority in Congress and were even during the Clinton era and you want to blame the Dems?

"The situation President Bush enjoys today with his party in control of both Houses of Congress has been more the norm than the exception for over 100 years.

Fifteen of the nineteen presidents since 1900 have enjoyed that political luxury for all, or at least part, of their term.

Only four presidents in that time-- Republicans Nixon, Ford, Reagan and George H.W. Bush-- had to contend throughout their time in the White House with the opposition party controlling one or both Houses of Congress. "
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/congress/july-dec04/majority_11-25.html

And yet Carter, and Clinton could not get major reform passed either?
I remember Hillery's Health care, and even with Clintons desire to push a plan through nothing happened....

I would say it is more to do with individuals within each party, wanting to gain power by desenting, instead of all trying to truely represent...

Latest posts