• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leftwing terrorists strike.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Anonymous Goes on Megaupload Revenge Spree: DoJ, RIAA, MPAA, and Universal Music All Offline

Anonymous has sure been quiet lately, but today's federal bust of Megaupload riled 'em up good: a retaliatory strike against DoJ.gov (and plenty of other foes) leaving them completely dead.

DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com is reporting the department's site as universally nuked, and an Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account is boasting success. This is almost certainly the result of a quickly-assembled DDoS attack—and easily the widest in scope and ferocity we've seen in some time. If you had any doubts Anonymous is still a hacker wrecking ball, doubt no more.

The combination of the hacking nebula's SOPA animosity—they've been a vocal opponent of the bill since its inception—combined with today's sudden Megaupload news has made the group bubble over: hundreds upon hundreds of Anon operatives are in a plotting frenzy, chatting about which site will go down next. In Anon's eyes, the government and media interests are responsible for the undue destruction of Megaupload (and the arrest of four of its operators), so it'll be exactly those entities that're feeling the pain right now. Pretty much every company that makes movies, TV, or music, along with the entirety of the federal government, is in Anonymous' crosshairs.

Update: Anonymous says they've also knocked off the RIAA's site—looks down for us at the moment as well.

Update 2: Universal Music Group has also fallen off an e-cliff.

Update 3: Goodbye for now, MPAA.org.

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.

Update 5: The US Copyright Office joins the list.

Update 6: This Anon sums up the mood in their "official" chat room at the moment:

Danzu: STOP EVERYTHING, who are we DoSing right now?

Update 7: Russian news service RT claims this is the largest coordinated attack in Anonymous' history—over 5,600 DDoS zealots blasting at once.

Update 8: the Anonymous DDoS planning committee is chittering so quickly, it's making my laptop fan spin.

Update 9: Major record label EMI is down for the count.

Update 10: La résistance est international—French copyright authority HADOPI bites the dust under Anon pressure.

Update 11: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has fallen and can't get up.

http://gizmodo.com/5877679/anonymous-kills-department-of-justice-site-in-megaupload-revenge-strike

while I have no sympathy for the recording artists, or the movie/music industry.. and the law is just another way to stifle a free internet and free speech..

this just shows that once a group is used to getting stuff free, it will react "violently" or destructively when you try to stop them from taking free stuff..

408624_282023321857863_138763606183836_809794_463921431_n.jpg

Smith is the author of the Stop Online Piracy Act, better known as "SOPA", a controversial law against copyright infringement and other illegal activities on the Internet. In January 2012, it was determined that Smith's own website had used copyright infringing materials, described as "hypocritical" by Forbes.

Oldtimer said:
408624_282023321857863_138763606183836_809794_463921431_n.jpg

Smith is the author of the Stop Online Piracy Act, better known as "SOPA", a controversial law against copyright infringement and other illegal activities on the Internet. In January 2012, it was determined that Smith's own website had used copyright infringing materials, described as "hypocritical" by Forbes.

I would be willing to bet that his professionally taken portrait with the flag in the background is copy-written as well

the copy-write laws are out of hand.. it is another bad un-needed law..

hopalong said:
oldtimer who took your avatar picture????

Got me? It belongs to Macon- who said we could use them..

And I'm not out writing a SOPA law and trying to give the government more control over the internet and censorship of free speech like Old Lamar is...

I know I'm one of the most important people in the world in your eyes-- but believe me I'm not anywhere near as important as Lamar is :wink: :lol:

GOP chairman shelves Stop Online Piracy Act

By Brendan Sasso

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Lamar Smith (R-Texas) announced on Friday that he will postpone consideration of his Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) until there is wider agreement on the controversial legislation.

"I have heard from the critics and I take seriously their concerns regarding proposed legislation to address the problem of online piracy," Smith said. "It is clear that we need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products."

Smith's announcement came just minutes after Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) announced he would shelve the Senate's version of the anti-piracy legislation, the Protect IP Act.

this will hurt the Dems more so than the Repubs.

Candidly, those who count on quote 'Hollywood' for support need to understand that this industry is watching very carefully who's going to stand up for them when their job is at stake ... Don't ask me to write a check for you when you think your job is at risk and then don't pay any attention to me when my job is at stake." ... I would caution people don't make the assumption that because the quote 'Hollywood community' has been historically supportive of Democrats, which they have, don't make the false assumptions this year that because we did it in years past, we will do it this year ... These issues before us -- this is the only issue that goes right to the heart of this industry."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/19/obama-sopa-chris-dodd_n_1217453.html

Latest posts