• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lets Try the Packers Right Here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lets Try The Packer Lovers Right Here.

• Guilty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Guilty

• undecided

• Total voters
Tam- The border did have a MAJOR impact on cattle prices-Period...Even many of the NCBA members realize that- the honest ones will tell you that (excepting a couple on this board).... I was talking with a former NCBA President last winter- very knowledgeable man that has been in the business over 50 years and operates a 10,000 head ranching operation and a couple of large feedlots--- Anyway he also felt the border had an impact on the prices- especially the cull prices.....I don't know what his position was on the border opening- but he sat right there and told me that in his opinion we would not be seeing the record cow and bull prices if the border was open.......

And this is what R-CALF and many producers had been saying for years...The Canadian cattle alone add more supply- then you add into it the fact that the packers can then source more of their own owned Canadian cattle into the US whenever they need to fluctuate the price down- and it definitely has an affect.......

Latest posts