• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Letter from a Marine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BBJ

Reaction score
I've had people on this board, use what they "read" in a letter from a Marine compared to my face to face conversations with Marines that have been there and are going back, but just so I can reference a letter like them...

How about that letter President Bush refered to in his State of the Union Address last night? :D It gave me chills.

Heres a little piece of what he said,
"Our men and women in uniform are making sacrifices -- and showing a sense of duty stronger than all fear. They know what it's like to fight house to house in a maze of streets, to wear heavy gear in the desert heat, to see a comrade killed by a roadside bomb. And those who know the costs also know the stakes. Marine Staff Sergeant Dan Clay was killed last month fighting in Fallujah. He left behind a letter to his family, but his words could just as well be addressed to every American. Here is what Dan wrote: "I know what honor is. ... It has been an honor to protect and serve all of you. I faced death with the secure knowledge that you would not have to.... Never falter! Don't hesitate to honor and support those of us who have the honor of protecting that which is worth protecting." Staff Sergeant Dan Clay's wife, Lisa, and his mom and dad, Sara Jo and Bud, are with us this evening. Welcome. (Applause.)

Our nation is grateful to the fallen, who live in the memory of our country. We're grateful to all who volunteer to wear our nation's uniform -- and as we honor our brave troops, let us never forget the sacrifices of America's military families. (Applause.)"

I am grateful beyond words for people like Dan Clay and his family.

Amen. Thank God for men and women like Dan Clay and President Bush. Just the thought of turning our military over to the likes of Kerry and Kennedy gives me nightmares.

Can you imagine the security of our nation placed in the hands of the folks heading up the Democrat party or trusting the United Nations to protect the world from rogue states like Iran, Korea, and Syria?

Having just spent time on the MCRD with the new Marines, they all know what they are going to have to do. They are proud of the fact. I feel even more confident that they are looking out for us after talking with them and spending time with them. The drill seargent that I posted a picture of on here is going back to Irag as he thinks that he should be there with the men he has trained. If I had the choice of picking who I would have protect me from any enemy it would be him. Those recruits hated him until now, now that they are Marines, they know what he has taught them and they respect him very much. I told them I was going to have lifesize posters made of that picture for them to hang by their bunks to remind them of who they are. They said it would give them nightmares.
After leaving the base we went to a college campus where my nephew is playing baseball for a private liberal arts college. The campus is on the beach, it is filled with valley girls and air heads that care only about the surf. Their world is not real in any sense of the word. We were talking to a girl and she was asking about the Marines, questions like "have you seen the movie about Navy bootcamp?" My son's reply was, "we are on call 24/7. I have not even seen a TV let alone a movie for the last 13 weeks. Do you have a clue what we do?" She could not answer the question and she lives 10 minutes from the base. Gee, I wonder where all these left wingers come from

"The tree of liberty only grows when watered by the blood of tyrants." BERTRAND BARERE DE VIEUZAC

General George S. Patton, Jr., Military quote:
It is certain that the two World Wars in which I have participated would not have occurred had we been prepared. It is my belief that adequate preparation on our part would have prevented or materially shortened all our other wars beginning with that of 1812. Yet, after each of our wars, there has always been a great hue and cry to the effect that there will be no more wars, that disarmament is the sure road to health, happiness, and peace; and that by removing the fire department, we will remove fires. These ideas spring from wishful thinking and from the erroneous belief that wars result from logical processes. There is no logic in wars. They are produced by madmen. No man can say when future madmen will reappear. I do not say that there will be no more wars; I devoutly hope that there will not, but I do say that the chances of avoiding future wars will be greatly enhanced if we are ready.

Found these while searching for quotes for students they seem fitting

Latest posts