• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Liars can be held accountable-

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lonecowboy

Reaction score
The blogosphere has been abuzz this week with a video misleading viewers to believe that Rep. Michele Bachmann riles up a campaign crowd in Iowa with the line, "Who likes white people?"
The video was pirated from Robert Stacy McCain's blog, the Other McCain, after he covered a Bachmann appearance at a rainy August 5th Christian music festival, during which Bachmann shouted to the drenched crowd "Who likes wet people?" She followed the question with a statement to her Christian audience on God's power over the weather, which was cut from the edited version. The blogger took the video from McCain, added a caption to read "Who likes white people?" and the video instantly became viral thanks to Perez Hilton, CBS News, and Wonkette. Now the blogger who edited the stolen video has removed the video from YouTube and apologized to McCain, but has still damaged the reputation of Bachmann and could face legal repercussions from both her and McCain.

The blogger who wrongly edited the video issued his apology to McCain yesterday, writing:

I want to apologize for misusing Stacey Robert McCain's [sic] original video...I was angry so I decided to take Mrs. Bachmann's line out of context to make her seem more overtly racist in light of her recent signing of that Iowa marriage pledge that said black children were better off under slavery than in Obama's America. Whether or not I dislike Michele Bachmann, it wasn't right to deliver a dishonest blow like that. I wanted to apologize to Mr. McCain and all of you directly...[…]

I have removed the video from my Youtube channel.

Beyond the libelous action against Bachmann's campaign, McCain also has the claim of copyright infringement against the blogger for pirating his video. This further extends against Perez Hilton, who branded the edited video with his own watermark.

CBS News even labeled the video as the number one selection in Michelle Castillo's "Top 5 Viral Videos of the Week" before fact checking it, saying:

Everything that comes out of Michele Bachmann's mouth is gold. A new video has her asking a crowd of people, "Who likes white people?" It doesn't make any sense, so many explanations are surfacing from "White People Soul Power" being the band that played before, to the fact it was raining and Bachmann is asking about "wet" people.

With a simple online search, the entire lineup of the musical festival would have been available, clearing up any confusion in band names. No attempts were made to contact a videographer, either, which would have led to McCain and the accurate conclusion that everyone watching Bachmann was, in fact, soaking wet.

McCain's attorney is considering further action against the blogger, and with a written admission of his malicious act, Bachmann's campaign would not have trouble taking action against him either.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/aubrey-vaughan/2011/08/31/liberal-blogger-admits-he-fabricated-bachmann-white-people-video#ixzz1WjK0Ztrm

her recent signing of that Iowa marriage pledge that said black children were better off under slavery than in Obama's America.

?

An introductory passage of the marriage vow drawn up by the Family Leader claimed that a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father than an African-American born after the election of the country's first black president.

At least one presidential candidate, U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann, condemned the suggestion in the vow's preamble that black children were better off during slave times

Bachmann and Santorum pointed out Monday that the candidate vow itself makes no mention of slavery.

"I did not see that language. That was not a part of the vow," Bachmann told reporters during a campaign stop Monday in Indianola.

Traditional marriage is the bedrock of society, Bachmann said. "Children need a mom and a dad in their life, and that's why I signed it," she said.

Slavery was a dark time in American history, and "certainly it would be absurd for anyone to think that a child would be better off raised in slavery than not," Bachmann said. "That's a terrible thing to say. I'm pleased that this has been taken care of."

let see,.. it didn't say that,... she didn't say that.. and the person was angry so he made it look as if she said something else bad..

Do all liberals have a problem with facts, telling the truth or is manipulation the only way they can sell their agenda?

and for a second installment of liars being held accountable--

Schweitzer Fined $4,100 for Ethics Violations

In April of 2008, the Montana Republican Party filed paperwork with the Commissioner of Political Practices to hold Governor Brian Schweitzer accountable for violating campaign Finance laws.

He personally signed into law a legislative bill making it illegal for candidates to use taxpayer dollars to promote themselves with public service announcements. Then, he violated the law that he signed, tasking state employees on work time with creating public service announcements. These PSA's used taxpayer-funded staff time to spread Schweitzer's name and campaign slogan around Montana while he was a candidate for office. In fact he used state staff time to create the ads less than a week after he filed for office, so one would think it would have been fresh in his mind.

Schweitzer fought this action every step of the way. He appealed and delayed. But finally, a fine has been recommended: $4,100, which represents $100 for every one of the 41 times he sent the PSA out.
Montana's ethics laws serve a purpose. They are there so that taxpayers can be sure their money is not being spent on some politicians self-aggrandizement. Those laws apply to every one of us. No one is above the law, not even Governor Schweitzer.

Lonecowboy said:

In April of 2008, the Montana Republican Party filed paperwork with the Commissioner of Political Practices to hold Governor Brian Schweitzer accountable for violating campaign Finance laws.

He personally signed into law a legislative bill making it illegal for candidates to use taxpayer dollars to promote themselves with public service announcements. Then, he violated the law that he signed, tasking state employees on work time with creating public service announcements. These PSA's used taxpayer-funded staff time to spread Schweitzer's name and campaign slogan around Montana while he was a candidate for office. In fact he used state staff time to create the ads less than a week after he filed for office, so one would think it would have been fresh in his mind.

Schweitzer fought this action every step of the way. He appealed and delayed. But finally, a fine has been recommended: $4,100, which represents $100 for every one of the 41 times he sent the PSA out.
Montana's ethics laws serve a purpose. They are there so that taxpayers can be sure their money is not being spent on some politicians self-aggrandizement. Those laws apply to every one of us. No one is above the law, not even Governor Schweitzer.

He's not still in office is he?

Mike said:
Lonecowboy said:

He's not still in office is he?

YEP! :( luckily he is termed out - what a jerk this guy is.

Why do we have a governor like that you might ask?
We had a problem a few years ago, conservatives were asleep at the wheel and the democrats when redistricting practiced Gerrymandering and malapportionment. So even though we are in a widley conservative state we have all democrats at the helm right now, Governor, attorney general, sec. of state, etc. all democrats--- hence the reason Montana is NOT standing with the 26 states holding obamacare unconstitutional. Even though most in Montana are against it, our democrat leadership who all try to relabel our Republic a democracy, will not join in. This is practiced nationwide, if they didn't cheat, liberals would be a speck in the wind. Why is foxnews number 1 by such a large majority? Because most Americans are conservatives!

Now after this last census we will redistrict again- hopefully with a more awake Conservative majority we will be able to bring some fairness back into our statewide elections and a proper balance to our state legislature that reflects the values of the people here.
Liberals like OT are a minority here in Montana just as they are here on Ranchers.net.

Lonecowboy said:
Why do we have a governor like that you might ask?
We had a problem a few years ago, conservatives were asleep at the wheel and the democrats when redistricting practiced Gerrymandering and malapportionment. So even though we are in a widley conservative state we have all democrats at the helm right now, Governor, attorney general, sec. of state, etc. all democrats--- hence the reason Montana is NOT standing with the 26 states holding obamacare unconstitutional. Even though most in Montana are against it, our democrat leadership who all try to relabel our Republic a democracy, will not join in. This is practiced nationwide, if they didn't cheat, liberals would be a speck in the wind. Why is foxnews number 1 by such a large majority? Because most Americans are conservatives!

Now after this last census we will redistrict again- hopefully with a more awake Conservative majority we will be able to bring some fairness back into our statewide elections and a proper balance to our state legislature that reflects the values of the people here.
Liberals like OT are a minority here in Montana just as they are here on Ranchers.net.

Not standing up against obamacare, will bite them it the butt later. Not only in Montana, but in the other 30+ states also. If not in 2012, later when the voters find out "what's in it"

I haven't heard lately how many states there are in the US, so my count might be a little off. :wink: :lol:

Here's a little more proof of what's been going on in Montana politics with the crooks in charge. Our "illustrious" democrat governor appoints the Political Practices Commishioner- who then rules that our democrat attorney general Bullock doesn't have to fill out the required campaign finance report before collecting $- then it comes to light that the appointed Political practices comissioner is a contributor to Bullocks campaign- Bullock is probably looking at a run for governor, but if the field looks too tough he will try and stay right where he is as state AG.

Court Action To Require Steve Bullock To Obey the Law
Democrat Attorney General Steve Bullock has been disregarding the public's right to know. He has refused to completely fill out the required campaign finance disclosure form, so that the public could know who was trying to influence which of our high public offices. The Commissioner of Political Practices -- a Bullock donor -- refused to take action against Bullock for this violation of the public's right to know.The Montana Republican Party filed an action in district court to get an impartial examiner to re-open this case. Since the Commissioner of Political Practices has ties to Bullock, someone unbiased should have the chance to rule on whether Steve Bullock has to follow the law just like anyone else.

Lonecowboy said:
Here's a little more proof of what's been going on in Montana politics with the crooks in charge. Our "illustrious" democrat governor appoints the Political Practices Commishioner- who then rules that our democrat attorney general Bullock doesn't have to fill out the required campaign finance report before collecting $- then it comes to light that the appointed Political practices comissioner is a contributor to Bullocks campaign- Bullock is probably looking at a run for governor, but if the field looks too tough he will try and stay right where he is as state AG.

Democrat Attorney General Steve Bullock has been disregarding the public's right to know. He has refused to completely fill out the required campaign finance disclosure form, so that the public could know who was trying to influence which of our high public offices. The Commissioner of Political Practices -- a Bullock donor -- refused to take action against Bullock for this violation of the public's right to know.The Montana Republican Party filed an action in district court to get an impartial examiner to re-open this case. Since the Commissioner of Political Practices has ties to Bullock, someone unbiased should have the chance to rule on whether Steve Bullock has to follow the law just like anyone else.

WOW!!! It is corrupt up there. OT's kind of folks, I presume. :lol:

Is Shitzwer (whatever his name is) and Bullock Tea Party leaders by any chance?

Mike said:
Lonecowboy said:

They're part of the other "cult". :lol: :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
Mike said:
Lonecowboy said:

They're part of the other "cult". :lol: :lol:

Yes they are part of the anti-TEA party cult! :roll:

Here is the current legislative district map,

I'm not sure exactly where OT lives but look at that LOOOOOOOONG district in southern valley co, the one.

mainMap.gif

here is a link to the map so you can look at the legislators in that district and all the surrounding ones to see if it made any difference:

http://nris.mt.gov/gis/legislat/2011/

I must add- if you will notice how that LOOOOOOOONg district number 32 is the ONLY one in eastern Montana that has democrats for representatives- they had to cheat to gain those 2 seats, (1 rep. 1 senate)

see what I mean!

Jonathan Windy Boy, (D) sounds like someone OT would believe and vote for.

Lonecowboy? I heard the Judges, and a few Sheriffs, in Montana are on the "take", any truth to that?

Lonecowboy said:
I must add- if you will notice how that LOOOOOOOONg district number 32 is the ONLY one in eastern Montana that has democrats for representatives- they had to cheat to gain those 2 seats, (1 rep. 1 senate)

see what I mean!

That is the Indian/Reservation District...Encompasses 3 Reservations and was done so just to give Native Americans representation.... And no Republicans every run knowing its a waste of time....

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

see what I mean!

That is the Indian/Reservation District...Encompasses 3 Reservations and was done so just to give Native Americans representation.... And no Republicans every run knowing its a waste of time....

don't you live next to, or on the Reservation?

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

see what I mean!

don't you live next to, or on the Reservation?

You can't live in Montana without being near or on a Reservation- there are 7 in the state...

Oldtimer said:
Lonecowboy said:

see what I mean!

WOW oldtimer what a new leaf you've turned over, abolishing the EPA and dept.of education, possibly the U.S.ties to U.N. and now openly admitting that democrats cheated to gain those two seats. WOW I'm starting to like the new you! keep up the good work! :D

Latest posts