• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Liberal newspapers? Hardly.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Links below; my emphasis. Washington Times, a member of that "liberal" media said Sunday:

"While opinion polls show public support for the program, liberals have tried to use it against Mr. Bush by suggesting he is overstepping his authority as the nation's chief executive. The program was called "illegal" yesterday by the American Civil Liberties Union in a briefing to Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee."

Republican Senator John McCain doesn't think Bush has the authority to eavesdrop on Americans. The Times is trying to paint this as a strictly a Democratic/liberal issue, but it's not. The truth is many Republicans, including Arlen Spector and Senator Brownback have questions about this program, but the Times ignores those Republicans questioning the program and paints it as a "liberal" concern. Is that fair and impartial? Is that article slanted or not?

WALLACE: But you do not believe that currently he has the legal authority to engage in these warrant-less wiretaps.

MCCAIN: You know, I don't think so, but why not come to Congress? We can sort this all out. I don't think -- I know of no member of Congress, frankly, who, if the administration came and said here's why we need this capability, that they wouldn't get it. And so let's have the hearings.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/20060120-111735-8432r.htm
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182434,00.html

the times trying to show itself as a liberal bashing paper reminds me of an old saying..... a wolf in sheeps clothing.....

The program was called "illegal" yesterday by the American Civil Liberties Union in a briefing to Democratic members of the House Judiciary Committee."

well if the ACLU says it , I disagree

I have never agreed with them yet......why start now when the security of this nation is at stake?

Latest posts