• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Life can be short

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
My uncle who Im very close to has been having problems breathing since just before Christmas. He was admitted to the hospital on Boxing day and has been there since. They were treating him for pnemonia but he was not responding to the antibiotics so they sent him to get some tests done. We got the word about 7 am this morning that he has cancer in both lungs, and other parts and is deteriorating very quickly. It is too far advanced to operate. My how life can be short he is only 54 years old and near the end. They farm too so we have offered to look after their cattle while my aunt spends time with him at the hospital. There have been lots of tears shed this morning over the news and Im sure there will be more in the days ahead. :cry:

Sorry to hear that, you were suppossed to be through with all of that, I guess that 2005 is still holding on. Prayers are with you

MR, I don't know what to say. Life sure ain't fair! Do what you can to ease things for your aunt and uncle, but don't get too wrung out and forget to take care of yourself and your own family too. God bless!

Im sorry MR my thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Thank God you are there to help your Aunt. She will need yall in the coming months.

I don't think life has anything to do with the years you are alloted but how much living you did in those years.
My brother passed on at age 46 but he crammed more living in those few years than most will have at 70, probably myself included.

Sorry to hear of your uncle's troubles. Fifty-four is too young for that sort of thing; I know, because that is how old I am. Give him our best, and our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

M_R, We are so sorry to hear about your Uncle. In times such as this it is it is good to have family,friends and neighbors to help out and offer support.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

M_R, Sorry to hear the news. May you be given the strength to do what you all have to do.

MR - like everyone else, I'm so sorry to hear about Uncle. We'll be praying for all of you.

Thoughts and prayers from this part of Texas for you and the rest of your family durin this time. I know exactly what your going thru as I lost my mom to this a year and a half ago. Just be there for them when they need you, and spend as much time as you can with them.

Very sorry to hear the news MR. Life is always short ,even if you lived to be a hundred , the next breath is precious. It is especially tragic when someone as young as this gets the news we'll all get one day.

Manitoba Rancher, so sorry to hear about your uncle and the shock to the whole family. We try to puzzle these disappointments out but there is much we're not meant to understand yet. Just have to be thankful for each and every day. Your aunt is fortunate to have you nearby.

Manitoba Rancher, I'm so very sorry to hear of more troubles for your family. While knowing we will understand it all at some point in time isn't a lot of help when we are hurting, the support, love, and prayers of family, friends, and "strangers" on this website hopefully are helpful and comforting. At any rate, if well wishes and empathy mean anything, you obviously have those in spades from those on this website alone.......plus those from your local family and friends! Hoping you can take a bit of time to relax and recharge your "batteries" each day.

MRJ

MR-----my very thoughts and prayers are with you and your whole family at this time and in the future when "the time" comes!!! My God send his angels to aid you all in your time of need and grief!!! :cry: :cry:

M_R,

Yes, what a bummer. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Sometimes I have to repeat in my head a very simple piece of advice I memorized a long time ago:

God grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

It has helped me through some troubling times.

Hanta Yo

Latest posts