• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lindskov-Thiel Charolais and Angus Sale today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
We'd like to wish the best of luck to our neighbors and friends at Lindskov-Thiel Charolais. Their Annual Production Sale is today. The LT cattle are great and are backed by even better people.

The LT folks have a beautiful day for their sale! This is one of the most enjoyable days of the year for lazy ace and I. It is a neighborhood/community social event and we also get to see friends from other parts of the country, and from Canada, and even get to visit with some of our customers that we share with the LT crew.

If you have happen to be headed to Isabel America for the sale, lets visit!

Cheers---

TTB :wink:

Congrats to the LT crew for a wonderful sale. As always the cattle and hospitality were second to none. They had a barn burner of a sale and again got every bull sold.

We'd also ask you keep the Thiel family in your prayers. Brent lost his Mom just hours before the sale started. The day of a production sale is so emotional and mentally draining as it is, I can not fathom how hard it would be to go on with a heavy heart. They got the call less than three hours before the start of the sale. They did what they had to do, in a very professional fashion.

Cheers---

I've never been to their sale, but have watched their program and used their semen and offspring's get. Would love to meet them and see their operation.

Something like this happening makes you realize how unimportant something like a bull sale are relative to losing a family member. I am certain Brent and the rest of the family was able use their crisis coping skills to get though the immediate stress of the sale. It it is when the focus of the sale is over when things start hitting home. That is when you and the rest of the community have to offer their support.
By the way what were the averages and sale highlights?

VLS_GUY said:
By the way what were the averages and sale highlights?

One of the ringmen told me 115 head of Charolais bulls averaged $6153. I do not have an average for the Angus. I would guess the 64 Angus bulls averaged over $4000. By far and away the majority of the bulls were bought by commercial cattlemen and women for a price over $5000.

Unofficially, because I have ADD and like to visit while trying to keep prices:

On the Charolais side:

The high seller was Lot 3 LT Bridger 9191 PLD (LT Easy Blend x M6 Grid Maker) for $21000 to Mark Satterfield.

Lot 67, LT Long Distance 9001 PLD (LT Silver Distance 5324P x LT Easy Pro 1158 PLD) sold to Hebert and Curtis (I think) for $20,000.

Lot 88, LT Wind Cruise 9179 PLD (LT Wyoming Wind 4020 PLD x LT Easy Pro 1158 PLD) sold for $18,000. I did not catch the buyer.

On the Angus side:
Lot 133, LT Bristol 9011 (TC Aberdeen x Mytty In Focus) sold for $37,000 to Thorstenson Gelbvieh and Angus. I heard this bull may have been leased to one of the semen companies.

Lot 160, LT In Reach 9024 (Mytty In Focus x Lt 598 Bando 9074) sold for $17,000. I did not catch the buyer.

Lot 151, LT Driven 9078 (LT Bandwagon 3105 x Lt 598 Bando 9074) sold for $13,500. I did not catch the buyer.

Lot 147, LT Aberdeen 9226 (TC Aberdeen x LT 598 Bando 9074) sold for $11,000. I think the buyer was Foos Angus.

A better Sale Report should be available on

http://www.cattleseller.com/sale_reports/

pretty quick I'd think.

Cheers---

Sorry Short Grass I got you confused with other breeders in Colorado .
Just one question: What is the optimal Birth Weight EPD for use on a commercial female in you experience? For heifers we are not finding much of a difference between a -2 and anything lower-even on grade heifers.

here are the results for the angus bulls...

http://www.angus.org/angusproductions/SaleReportsdtl.aspx?eid=DgAAACQycA5CxlI7p9rYByrs738%3d&il=DgAAAEQrujU5dwVoL18j9OafTcE%3d

Latest posts