• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Location Verification System with Internet Tracking

Help Support Ranchers.net:

William Kanitz

Reaction score
For Immediate Release

I.D.ology and ScoringSystem, Inc. launching New Mobile
Location Verification System with Internet Tracking and Data Storage

Lightweight System combines wireless LightningROD Reader, handheld Computer, running Animal Trackers™ Software, with GPS, and Internet FTP into ScoringSystem Databases Repository for up & down stream Traceability

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, USA, December 19, 2006 – I.D.ology, manufacturer of the LightningROD™ line of rugged mobile handheld RFID readers and software systems, today announced a new partnership with ScoringSystem, Inc. a data storage repository and systems designer to track the movement of animals, crops and container and any other agricultural products from field to fork using electronic identification inputs at all levels for absolute accuracy and to sustain traceability at the speed of commerce which is to say in real time.

All RFID tags and bar codes
- as provided by authorized dealers – are imbedded
with a unique identification number. The numbers allow
agricultural livestock and food products to be tracked at
all stages of production and to be located within seconds
of the discovery of a disease outbreak resulting in greater
food safety assurance for consumption and export. These
programs are administered in Canada by the Canadian Cattle Identification Agency (CCIA) plus the ATQ in
Quebec and in the USA by FDA – APHIS working together
with NAIS in conjunction with private databases under
the United States Animal Identification Plan. Livestock
tagging in Canada became mandatory in January 2005
and will be required on animals in the U.S. by 2009. On
all food products the FDA currently requires 24 hour
traceback for each instance of food contamination.

"The 'Animal Trackers' system is an unique and cost-effective way to track both animals, produce and containers electronically, without the need to transcribe data by hand or to search through old records for crucial data to enable the pinpointing of a source of any food borne issues in accord with current FDA mandates. This system is adaptable to the entire commerce of moving food products whether live, in boxes, bales or container from any location on earth to any other location while tracing each step of the movement in real time.

I.D.ology and ScoringSystem

This modular system enables comprehensive data gathering for additional value added and site certification as well as minimal data that only facilitates traceability of the items being moved. Operators may provide paper printout receipts as well as electronic instant records that are securely transmitted and housed in a universal repository that can be linked to any other database for even more comprehensive analysis. Generating unique transaction records that may be accompanied by a signature for each party involved in a transaction as well as the identifier for the item transported, which is uploaded to the secure ScoringSystem database each day results in comprehensive traceability in a timely manner. The transaction trail in the data base may be followed both upstream and downstream from any point of inquiry.

About I.D.ology

I.D.ology is focused on providing industry specific solutions incorporating RFID and barcodes with automatic data collection. I.D.ology designs and manufactures RFID readers to meet the needs of specific niche markets such as the highly portable, rugged wireless readers for truckers, ranchers, auction barns, feed yards and dairies. Its 'Animal Trackers' software brings together several electronic devices to streamline the gathering of data on the movement of animals, and food products of any sort from any point of origin to each destination. This completely mobile system provides the link between products and commerce.

About ScoringSystem

ScoringAg.com a Division of ScoringSystem is the traceback and traceup database system for agriculture products from field to consumer, featuring Site-Specific Recordkeeping™ and PIDC location code. ScoringContainers is another one of the many divisions of ScoringSystem, Inc. located in Sarasota, Florida USA. The companies are specialized in providing solutions with mobile data, via wireless PDAs, laptops, and Semacode-programmed Nokia, Siemens, and Sony Ericsson cell phones. Whether using RFID or barcodes for point-to-point traceup and traceback of all livestock, poultry, fish, ingredients source to destination including tracking transport containers. www.ScoringAg.com makes managing data easier - and does it in an extremely cost effective manner whether local or global.

For further information, please contact I.D.ology or ScoringSystem
Robert Kleemeier, I.D.ology 1-800-395-5585
[email protected]
William Kanitz, ScoringSystem Inc. 941-330-1140
[email protected]

Latest posts