• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Look what was found in the garbage.........

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleRMe

Reaction score
Woman Suspected of Giving Birth to Baby Due in Court
(08.15.06 - AP) — A woman who is suspected of giving birth to a baby whose body was found in the back of a pickup truck is expected back in court this morning.

Christie Lee Cole is to be formally charged today.

Arapahoe County sheriff's deputies arrested the 23-year-old last week after a man reported finding the infant's body in the back of the truck he bought from Cole's boyfriend in Strasburg.

The truck had been sitting outside the couple's home for a while and the bed was filled with garbage.

Neighbors said they remembered Cole being pregnant but they figured she had miscarried or given up the baby.

Plus cant they just drop the new born off at a hospital "no questions asked" if they dont want it?

I would think her parents are sick and saddened that was their grandchild and to have their daughter have done it...............heartbreaking.

RoperAB said:
Plus cant they just drop the new born off at a hospital "no questions asked" if they dont want it?

do they have that law in Canada, Roper?? I know many states here do....at our little hospital, if we see someone we suspect has a "high risk" of doing such a crime, we are to give them the paper work letting them know that they can leave the baby in certain places and there will be no repercussions! The DUMPSTER is NOT one of those safe places!! How very, very, very sad!! Somewhere out there is a barren couple who is crying their hearts out at the thought of all the love they could have given this baby....if only given the chance! :cry:

ranchwife said:
RoperAB said:

do they have that law in Canada, Roper?? I know many states here do....at our little hospital, if we see someone we suspect has a "high risk" of doing such a crime, we are to give them the paper work letting them know that they can leave the baby in certain places and there will be no repercussions! The DUMPSTER is NOT one of those safe places!! How very, very, very sad!! Somewhere out there is a barren couple who is crying their hearts out at the thought of all the love they could have given this baby....if only given the chance! :cry:

No as far as I know we dont because in Canada this is Federal. Children dont really have any protection up here. Example say your a dope addict and everybody knows it. I dont think the government ever steps in to protect the unborn child even though they know the mother is going to keep shooting up. If they ever did step in it sure doesnt happen very often.
Seems like there is a story in the news all the time about a young child being beat to death by the mothers live in stud.
There was a story in the news not so long ago about Grandparents in Ontario who actually starved their young Grandchild to death.
Then there was a mom in Calgary<she was actually a citizen from China living temporarily in Calgary> who left her pre school kids home alone to die on a long weekend because she wanted to go somewhere with her boyfriend and the boyfriend didnt like the children.

Latest posts