• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking for boots.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Stretch

Reaction score
I wear Tony Lama cowboy boots for work and I really like the 4013 Style that are simply a tan/brown boot with a good heavy sole. Does any one know of a place that keeps big sizes on hand I wear a 15 A and it is usually a deal were I call and order them and wait like 3 months to get them.. I have been ordering them through Vanderbilts in Salina Ks. I am getting close to needing a pair and was hoping mine would last but fencing seems to be really hard on them. I do have a pair of Smoke jumper whites that will get me by for now but dang I hate waiting for boots, guess that is what I get for having such a good understanding..... :roll: :lol:

http://www.tonylamabootshop.com/tony_lama_4013.htm

Stretch try thses guys. They don't carry your size but say they can get special orders from Tony Lama.

15-A I think i know why they call you Stretch. :wink:
I'm only a 13-A or B if i can't get an A..

I have been wearing Justin original work boots since i have broken to many bones in both feet i cann't wear a pull on. I have a pair of White's packers and a tall pair of packers from Edmonds of Roseburg Oregon. Nice boots.

My guess is to try Youngs Western Wear in Valentine Ne.......

Your from the S. E. Nebraska?? Isn't there a boot store in Iowa?? Dang can't remember the name of the town.... :frowns:
What about the Fort???

I'll give you the same advice my wife gives me when I know I have to special order something months in advance... Order it before you need it and order it today because it will get here one day earlier tan if you order it tomorrow, lol.. MY wife is mean sometimes, lol, not wanting to listen to me belly ache about stuff.. If anyone can think of that boot shop in Iowa let me know. I find myself in southwest Iowa once a year or so and will be there sometime in the enxt month as I need to check on my steers at the yard.

IL Rancher
Order it before you need it and order it today because it will get here one day earlier tan if you order it tomorrow, lol.

Well I just don't know how I could've done that the kids were walking around bare feet in the snow. I couldn't afford to buy them shoes so I didn't think it would be fair for me to have a new pair of boots and them have to walk in bare feet..

:disagree: :liar: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got ya..... Sorry I couldn't resist ........... :wink: :wink: :p

You are totally correct that it is my own fault. I was looking at them a 2-3 weeks back and they looked like they would last a couple months easy. I think to much time in overboots and not enough oil and you guessed it they give up the ghost.... :oops: Well at least it is spring so it won't be so cold in bare feet :shock: :lol2:

katrina
My guess is to try Youngs Western Wear in Valentine Ne.......

Your from the S. E. Nebraska?? Isn't there a boot store in Iowa?? Dang can't remember the name of the town....
What about the Fort???

Youngs that is were I got my Whites thru and yes I am from Se Ne Just down the road a bit from Fairbury.

As far as the Fort well they are .... well..... disapointing.. As usual with clothing and such with me it is never on hand, never available and last but not least they discontinued that style or size. I get a few thing at teh fort but just don't have much success with them in the last couple yrs. But I will keep trying. Thanks

Here try this place, Jones Boots. 417 884 2868 They have them all along with low cost. Ask for Dusty.

Go to www.sheplers.com and they even have ALL their boots on sale this month.

I even got the hubby last winter some wrangler jeans insulated and he loved them this past winter...... didn't have to wear long johns with em.

If I don't see what I like in my Local Stores I talk to the Management and tell them What/Size/Flavor/Color/Ect. and Most of them order these things.

Our local market is happy to do this as most of my "WANTS" sell for them also!

Thanks everyone for the help. I called around to the places suggested and came up with the usual basic reples along the lines of "Sorry we don't have boots in that size." The Jones Boots fellers were real helpful and would've helped me order a set but I decided to call my usual place to get boots from in Salina (Vanderbits) and they ended up calling direct to Tony Lama and ordering then special order. It will only be 90 days (well minus a few now) and I will be back in business. :roll: They have always been real good to me and so I felt like I owed them the business beings the price wasn't any different between the two. I did find out that Jones has some real fancy ones in my size on the shelf and so I may have to see how they look and maybe I might end up with some new Sunday go to meetin' boots... :wink: Thanks again.... 8)

You could try Joe's Boot Shop in Clovis, NM. 505 763-3764.

I have had good luck with them and I only live 80 miles away. IF they do not have it in stock they will have it drop shipped right to you. :D

Latest posts