• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking for round wood posts

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LCP

Reaction score
Looking to buy a semi-load of treated 8' round posts to be used for corner braces. 8"+ diameter would be best. I'm having trouble finding much online. Cammack Ranch Supply is about the only one that is close by, but I wanted to check around. If anyone knows of a wholesaler or something, please share. Thanks.

Well good luck finding any?? I've used Cammmack's , Green and Brown, different posts out of the Whitewood and Custer, bought from a guy peddling posts out of Canada, most will not last over 7 years for us. The best I found came out of Midland SD (Ernies Building Center) but none of them will out last a good rail road tie. Good luck 101

There used to be a guy out of Canada that would sell pressure treat posts. Dang good posts better then any green treat that you could find in this area. Mrs Bar M found his contact info PM me if you are interested.

Go to Whitewood, SD if you want the green treat wood posts. They are really good and cheaper than Cammack's. You have to call A&J Supply in Whitewood to order them. We use nothing but the 8" posts for corners and they last a long time. We will not set a railroad tie as the rot off way faster than these.

I think which post lasts longer must depend on soil type or something. But I do know that railroad ties are way cheaper.

We have all the wooden fence posts u want semi have been hauling the out of this country for years however not sure if they Re now
Houston Wood Treating Pine
Houston Missouri
417 prefix

Evans Sawmill
Raymondville Mo
Oak
417 prefix
Other around but these are in south central missouri
Plenty of local truckers that do this for a living
We can get to Omaha in a good day
For truckers call Clouse Trucking at Licking, Mo
573 prefix

Christie lumber in Ft. Pierre.....we buy all our posts here anywhere from one bundle to a full load. they have always treated us right...they have the cheapest line posts around....have not checked on their 8" posts lately, but we have had really good luck with them........

218-586-2203 Land O Lakes Treated wood products Tenstrike Mn I bought 250 treated 2nds last spring from them they have all kinds of post's and poles local trucker from Motley hauls them.

Thanks for the replies. I did an internet search for RR ties, and got a price quote from a Mr Edel Howard, Fox Lumber out of Hamilton MT. 240 #1 ties, $13.41 delivered. Is that the going rate other places?

Busy week ahead, but when I have time I'll have to check into some of the places that have been mentioned.

LCP said:
Thanks for the replies. I did an internet search for RR ties, and got a price quote from a Mr Edel Howard, Fox Lumber out of Hamilton MT. 240 #1 ties, $13.41 delivered. Is that the going rate other places?

Busy week ahead, but when I have time I'll have to check into some of the places that have been mentioned.

#1 tie here, 8 footers, are $15.00 and you gotta go pick them up. We are a ways apart so my numbers probably don't help ya much! :D

Ties here are $6.50 #2s $8.50 #1s no real differance from what I've seen the guy who deals them trucks also.

How about hedge posts from Kansas? Might not be straight but at least you wont be putting them in again. Can usually get line posts from 8 to 14 a piece and corners for 15 to 20.

LCP said:

If you wanta go that far--Marks-Miller outa Clancy Mt (just south of Helena) makes the best full treat green I've seen.

Have you tried Jirosel? I keep seeing their adds, but know nothing about them.

Latest posts