• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lots of miles for Tomcat, Soapweed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ranch Mom

Reaction score
Well the ole boy gave us a great couple of days. Early mornings, excited kids, and lots and lots of miles and experience. We trailed f-i-l's cattle from his pasture south to the highway, through Vetal and stopped for the night at the Graham place, then west and south to Tuthill and on south and west to the Lacreek Valley. Between 28 and 30 miles put on by the time we were done. It was a little cold and very windy but the Duke and Sis were still fighting over which one got to ride him the whole time.

DSC09495.jpg

The 9 year old Duke on 29 year old Tomcat

DSC09523.jpg

Seven year old Sis hijacked the Ole Guy

DSC09534.jpg

She is quite confident and never satisfied to sit at the back of the group where we needed her- "stay here mom, I'm gonna go get that pair" "Why do we have to walk all the time" "I'm just trotting up here for a second"

DSC09539.jpg

Then the trick riding began

Photo0515.jpg

Just as happy at the end!

I have a 27 year old gelding my sister inlaw gave to my daughter. Best babysitter in the world. Something about little girls and horses, you have to love....

Glad to see Tom Cat is still being useful, and I'm sure he likes it that way, also. It is great that your kids have learned confidence by riding the tried and true old warrior.

Latest posts