• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lying 101

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
We have a person who frequents here with this frame of mind. Guess who?

Rep. James Sensenbrenner asked Holder: "Tell me what's the difference between lying and misleading Congress, in this context?"

Holder's response is a bit Clintonian. "Well, if you want to have this legal conversation, it all has to do with your state of mind and whether or not you had the requisite intent to come up with something that would be considered perjury or a lie," Holder said.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if the letter is inaccurate.. it was wrong in it's facts or interpretation of the facts..

if the person who wrote the letter felt it was to the best of his intent correct, then it is just a mistake..

heck it happens all the time.. but..

if he knew he was wrong and the letter was inaccurate then he is a lier..

so yes holder is correct it depends on his intent.. but an honest man would have been able to explain the mistake and not use terms that split hairs and
eludes the actual question.. seems to me like they are about to be caught in a lie.. and they know it.

Ask yourself, if they were not intentionally lieing then why did it take so long to admit what was in the letter was crap? According to what was said the letter claimed ATF didn't allow guns to walk. But anyone paying attention knew months ago that the ATF let guns walk and one of them resulted in the death of a Federal agent. So why did they wait to recall it until Holder was facing having to answer questions about what was in the letter, that remember was praised by the Assistant AG when written 10 months ago?
I'm with the Chairman when he said if Obama has confidence in Holder after his handling of this issue, then I don't have any confidence in Obama's judgement. Holder had to have know about this operation and he is covering his azz. I would love to see him charged with obstruction of Justice after he admitted he has not released all the documents the Congressional hearing asked for.

And what is with Obama claiming Holder didn't know anything about F&F yet Holder said he had not talk to Obama about what he knew. How would Obama know what Holder knew or didn't know if Holder hadn't told him. Somebody is lieing and Obama better pull the troops together and get them all on the same page if they are going to keep lieing about who knew what and when they didn't know it. :roll:

Latest posts