• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Made in America

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Here's a ABC news piece on a home builder in Bozeman, Montana that is building a house out of totally "Made in America" materials. He's an economist that says that if home builders would use 5% more American made products, it would create 220,000 jobs.

http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/kwidget/wid/0_04vzdsr5/uiconf_id/5590821

It's interesting that many of the contractors that they went to with the list of American made products did not even take notice before and are now ordering American made materials at the same cost as the foreign made ones......

there are alot of foreclosed houses with Chinese drywall in them that will end up having to demolished..

locally it wasn't supposed to be a problem but we have several large projects sitting empty and all those involved are claiming they no longer own it.. nasty stuff...

corrodes pipes, plated fixtures crumble.. electrical lines corrode and disintegrate.. caustic I guess would be the term..

I looked at a modular a friend was going to buy at foreclosure.. the wires were black and the copper pipes had corroded at almost every joint.. in the bedroom we were able to see some exposed drywall and looked up the name.. sure enough it was not made in the US.. couldn't trace it to anyone either..

so buying reputable construction material is more then just a cost issue..

Faster horses said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd like to get my hands on the list, because I think we would find that many of the materials are "American finished", but that does not negate the fact that the materials are out there that create American jobs. Just as we try to purchase Canadian made materials/products in Canada......

For too many years Canada was a "primary product" Country, but the last few decades, we seem to have learned that finishing our own raw materials is where the income is.....

Want to buy some gasoline? :wink:

Latest posts