• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Made in the USA--lets make it happen in our homes

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
I am starting a thread for all of us to list items we find that are "Made in America". I know, for holiday shopping this year, I am going to be very conscious of that mark when making a purchase.

What I found that started me thinking about this was SOCKS.
I got them for Mr. FH at Runnings. They are Merino wool, not so thick~so
they are comfortable in his boots. They are "The Railroad Sock" made of Merino Wool and come from Grain Valley, Mo. MADE IN THE USA.

I'd like to know of other products you come across that are made here.
I hope this thread takes off and we get many items. :D

And Canadians, feel free to join in. I love products made in Canada too! :D

Me :lol: I'm made in Canada but am not for sale, although the other boss would like to give me away some days :shock:

The only thing I purchased for Christmas so far are 35 - 3/8 dowels to make the girl's some corrals. They were made in Ontario, the fine gauge wire- one made in USA, one made in Brazil- small finishing nails were imported from ? by a company in Toronto and the tiny little hinges/hooks were made in China. Finished product will be made in Gramma's House :D

This site looks to have good gloves and mitts. It labels the ones made in USA.

http://www.texasgoodgloves.com/Deerskin-Elkskin-Leather-Gloves-s/1825.htm

I think I'm ordering a couple pair of the Elk hide unlined mitts made in the USA.

Just bought a Can Am Outlander made in Canada. Many Polarises (plural ?) are made in Minnesota.

hayguy said:
GREAT THREAD FH

savage rifles Made in U.S.A. rimfire's Made in Canada

Ho Ho Ho :lol:

My son just got a new Savage. Mines 25 years old and has only been sighted in the day I bought it, good guns.

first gun I ever bought was a Savage 30-06.... sold it to my dad to buy a wedding ring..... eventually I will have that gun back, but happy knowing where it is.

I just ordered myself an early present. A Kaycee cutter. If any of you cut much twine or net wrap look them up. They are a handy tool and made in Kaycee Wyoming.

Big Muddy rancher said:
pups and bucks said:
A good share of my whiskey comes out of Canada....eh :drink: :wave:

So do you drink to try and forget how many dogs are around the place. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

actually I have the dogs around so I can sell pups(made in USA),so I can afford the Canadian whiskey! :wink:
I do forget their names at times tho....

Our daughter is here for Thanksgiving. She has a barber shop in Gillette, Wy
and she said there is a store next to her shop that sells ONLY American made. I'll find out the name of the business. She said they had something that was really neat that was Made in USA and they found out the screws came from another country so they quit selling the item.

Interesting.

As the world evolves we export our beef to many foreign countries as well as many other products. I myself will look for quality and price to determine my purchases. Made in the USA does'nt always mean its the best. As we all type away on our imported computers.

Latest posts