• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

mail-orderd brides

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
I heard of this and don't know much of the details. Anyone heard of this? There's this mail-orded bride service where you tell these people what you want in a bride and they have a "stock" of women form the Phillipines that they get them for you from. Weird to me. But the divorce rate is real high for couples who find each other this way. Guess the perfect lady isn't so great !

The divorce rate is pretty high for the couples who find eachother the traditional way too.

It is a way for a woman (from many countries) to get into the States legally, become a citizen, then some of them dump the husband and walk away with half his cash. A different form of gambling.

Murgen said:
The divorce rate is pretty high for the couples who find eachother the traditional way too.

Yeah, but with the traditional way, no one's claiming the other is perfect. And this is worse than the traditional way.

Sierraman said:
I heard of this and don't know much of the details. Anyone heard of this? There's this mail-orded bride service where you tell these people what you want in a bride and they have a "stock" of women form the Phillipines that they get them for you from. Weird to me. But the divorce rate is real high for couples who find each other this way. Guess the perfect lady isn't so great !

Know an old guy who's bought two of those "mail-order brides" over here.
The first one was 25 years old and stayed about 2 years and left.(She was a citizen, then)
The second one is still with him, she's about 35 and has false teeth. No way he's lettin her get away.
They both are/were fairly nice looking ladies too. Hard working too.
If I wasn't married I'd order me up 2 or 3 and take my pick.

Our EX-son in law meets these women on the internet. The first one he brought over with a 4-year old daughter. She didn't like it here and went back. That was after she took her swim suit top off at the public pool. She didn't speak English and she didn't understand the life guards trying to tell her "we don't do that in America."

Now he married one with a 12-year old daughter. Took no chances and married this one before bringing her here. Neither the woman or her daughter speak English, so that is a real trial for our 10-coming 11-year old grandson. This one already didn't like the house he owned, so after she was here less than a month, he sold that house and bought another one in a town about 30 miles away. Gonna make it hard on our grandson.

The guy is an idiot and I wouldn't care, except for that little boy. He is pretty fed up with the whole thing. Everyone matters except him. And he is worried about the girl being treated badly at school; but no one will listen about that either. She'd have been better off in the school in the first town.

Kids are victims, I tell you.

I bet this woman doesn't stick around long. I heard from his family that he really had to grease her palm to get her here in the first place.

Who'da thought of these kind of problems would exist when raising kids. :???:

Truth is stranger than fiction!!!

call me "old-fashioned", but i still believe in marrying for love...or not at all!!! how right you are, fh......too often in "marriages of convenience", it is the innocent children whose worlds are torn apart!! too sad! :cry:

Been down that road many times with friends and relatives. If the one I'm with now ever decides to throw me out I'm just going to find an fat ugly girl, sleep with her, buy her a house and move on. It is cheaper than marrying them and having to go through the courts system with the lawyers getting half your stuff and the ex getting the rest of it. I still profess that ol' Sam Steiger from Arizona had the right idea. Take all lawyers, line them up against a fence, and shoot them all. He actually testified in court to this at the impeachment trial of Governor Evan Mecham. Best advice I've heard.

katrina said:
Big Muddy if your wife sees that last post, you are going to be in alot of trouble. :twisted:

Lifes a bit boring on the ranch these days. Had to do something to put a little danger back into it. :wink: :help: :cry2: :cowboy:

I'll bet you're the biggest softy around..... What are you doing in the house at this time of day??? And you don't really have to tell me cuz you'll embarrass me........ :shock: :p

katrina said:
I'll bet you're the biggest softy around..... What are you doing in the house at this time of day??? And you don't really have to tell me cuz you'll embarrass me........ :shock: :p

Now, Katrina.......where is your mind, girl??? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Another angle to the mail order bride scheme: some Russain women were marrying up American idiots and stealing their money and fleeing. Sort of a wacky scam, but they were getting thousands. Also some lovely gentleman has had the problem of his foreign wives suffering untimely deaths.

I don't want a wife. Mail-order or any other kind. why let a woman get papers on you?

Alabama said:
I don't want a wife. Mail-order or any other kind. why let a woman get papers on you?

Only thoroughbreds have that worry, Alabama. :wink:

Still no bride for me. A woman is not worth arguing with and with a judge on her side- forget it.

I guess mail order brides are just like leased trucks. Pay really well for them the first couple of years, just about break em' in, then trade em' off for a new model with less milage. I guess if you can afford a two year turn around that's the way to go.

There are still some very nice ladies out there that are single looking for nice single men. Alabama, you shouldn't give up so easy.

Good Luck!

Usgal~

Latest posts