• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mandatory viewing- Ron Paul lesson on economics, history etc

Help Support Ranchers.net:

djinwa

Reaction score
If only our education system could cover these subjects.

Key point - the "people want lots of stuff".........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZiV0dxSC_Y&feature=youtu.be

Was just watching Sunday news about natural disasters, and everyone expecting Obama to fix it all. There once was a time when the federal government had no role, and people survived.

I'm thinking if we can't handle problems at the local or state level, and need federal help, why not a world government?

djinwa said:
Was just watching Sunday news about natural disasters, and everyone expecting Obama to fix it all. There once was a time when the federal government had no role, and people survived.

I'm thinking if we can't handle problems at the local or state level, and need federal help, why not a world government?

a world government could waste more money more efficiently... :???: :? :cry:

djinwa said:

Disaster Aid is viewed as more Keynesian Stimulus to any area hit with damage.

I spose if that were the case and Keynesianism works, we could have a disaster every day and get out of our economic mess in just a few months?

Mike said:
djinwa said:

Disaster Aid is viewed as more Keynesian Stimulus to any area hit with damage.

I spose if that were the case and Keynesianism works, we could have a disaster every day and get out of our economic mess in just a few months?

Which reminds me of the broken window fallacy - that breaking windows stimulates the economy. Govt does like breaking things - bombing and rebuilding bridges, breaking down families by replacing dads with welfare making for permanent dependence, etc.

Here Stossel explains the broken window fallacy and how disasters make us poorer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPmo2e-bAMQ

Latest posts