• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March 12 Bull Road Trip

Help Support Ranchers.net:

RSL

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
1,835
Reaction score
0
Location
48 5W4
Friend from Meadow Lake stopped by at 7am and we hit the road, winding up at Doerksen Herefords, and F - R Angus. Got home just after 11pm.
419726_10150619221919624_661889623_9272382_408570958_n.jpg

422929_10150619221959624_661889623_9272383_748736277_n.jpg

Friend assessing traction control...
420349_10150619222009624_661889623_9272384_552635886_n.jpg

moms of bulls
430327_10150619222059624_661889623_9272385_1877489564_n.jpg

429987_10150619222154624_661889623_9272386_1294389279_n.jpg

They feed some HE calves too
422965_10150619222214624_661889623_9272387_1043333175_n.jpg

Forgot my camera and had to use the phone, but this is perhaps one of the best pens of AN bulls I have been in in Canada.
430763_10150619221774624_661889623_9272379_1816653867_n.jpg

422155_10150619221834624_661889623_9272380_752438676_n.jpg

420583_10150619221664624_661889623_9272378_856279968_n.jpg

Cows in the Hills
418328_10150619221874624_661889623_9272381_195763184_n.jpg
 

RSL

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
1,835
Reaction score
0
Location
48 5W4
Faster horses said:
Have you seen SSAP's cattle? They knocked my socks off. :lol: :lol:

Nice pictures, thanks!

I did a few weeks ago. Another set of ranch quality cattle...
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Location
sask
Do they sell the Angus bulls PT? They had some 41-97 calves a few years ago. NR posted some pictures of one that didn't appear to do to much wrong. Did you notice any there this trip?
I still need a few heifer bulls and lost my 41-97 son at the community pasture last year. I didn't realize how much I liked him till I lost him.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,207
Reaction score
442
Location
Big Muddy valley
Doerksens' Hfrs come down to my friends to breed for the summer. I used to put cattle on his grass and when I quit he lined up the deal with them.

Who is F-R?

Cattle look good.
 

RSL

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
1,835
Reaction score
0
Location
48 5W4
greybeard said:
Do they sell the Angus bulls PT? They had some 41-97 calves a few years ago. NR posted some pictures of one that didn't appear to do to much wrong. Did you notice any there this trip?
I still need a few heifer bulls and lost my 41-97 son at the community pasture last year. I didn't realize how much I liked him till I lost him.
They had a couple of 41-97 yearlings going to their sale at Brooks next week (19th). I saw a Jipsey Earl son that completely surprised me with how he was put together.
 

RSL

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 19, 2008
Messages
1,835
Reaction score
0
Location
48 5W4
Big Muddy rancher said:
Doerksens' Hfrs come down to my friends to breed for the summer. I used to put cattle on his grass and when I quit he lined up the deal with them.

Who is F-R?

Cattle look good.

F-R is Fraser's. He mentioned that their heifers went down to Weyburn country for the summer. As my wife is from that country I was intrigued.
 

Big Muddy rancher

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 10, 2005
Messages
22,207
Reaction score
442
Location
Big Muddy valley
RSL said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Doerksens' Hfrs come down to my friends to breed for the summer. I used to put cattle on his grass and when I quit he lined up the deal with them.

Who is F-R?

Cattle look good.

F-R is Fraser's. He mentioned that their heifers went down to Weyburn country for the summer. As my wife is from that country I was intrigued.

Goodwater to be exact. The pasture used to be one but became three from the water backing up behind the Rafferty dam. :)
 

Latest posts

Top