• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

march and april pictures, lots of them

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cert

Reaction score
Heading out to sunrise service Easter Sunday. It has been like this for over a week now. Mother nature teased us with 60 degrees for a few days then laid this on us. Single digit wind chills. I knew I was jumping the gun when I took my long johns off. :roll:
IMG_4409.jpg

Tired old working cow dog. I love my aussie dogs.
IMG_4400.jpg

Polled herf cow, polled herf heifer, horned herf daddy. Calf was just a day old in the picture.
IMG_4395.jpg

Morning clouds and fence in need of repair.
IMG_4382.jpg

Evening cow in need of calving.
IMG_4380.jpg

You have to love a white face...
IMG_4371.jpg

Proud parents.
IMG_4366.jpg

Day old heifer calf.
IMG_4365.jpg

Replacement yearling, she was a twin to another heifer.
IMG_4360.jpg

half simmy first calver and her half herf heifer calf. Upheaded little rip. :?
IMG_4355.jpg

Boss cow and probably one of the best cows.
IMG_4349.jpg

DANG Mamma!!!!!! Did you do that?????
IMG_4346.jpg

3 days overdue 5 days ago...
IMG_4338.jpg

Oh the green rolling hills and some clear skies...with clean little white faces showing up...now those are spring pictures! Those were great, thanks...I sure enjoyed em.

Thanks for the comments.
Soap, the twin heifer's sire's name was slapnuts. A 10 year old simmy bull. I have no idea how he got his name. :oops:

That black baldy that's overdue looks like a train wreck waiting to happen. She seems small from the picture.

nortexsook said:
That black baldy that's overdue looks like a train wreck waiting to happen. She seems small from the picture.

You continue to amaze me with comments like that. :roll: You have nothing to guage her size by in that picture. AND, I'm standing on a knoll shooting down on her.

At any rate, That baldie's dam is the big bodied cow with the calf laying in the hay. She looks the same way every year. They have lots of capacity, they are easy doing, and they are bred to work in my herd. Not to mention the calving ease bull in my pasture that serviced her.

That white faced calf is sooo cute- and pristine!

Latest posts