• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March in like a lamb.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

coyote

Reaction score
sheep006-Copy_zpsd12326aa.jpg

Faster horses said:
YIKES!! That bobcat looks pretty deadly.
So tell us, what happened next?

I will guess they picked him up and took hik back in the house since he looks like a really neat mount! :D :D Awesome shot! :D Great bobcat. I had three tags this past year but never punched a tag. :cry:

I got my Months mixed up I thought it was April fools

http://s894.photobucket.com/albums/ac149/kiyoat/?action=view&current=sheep001_zpsb6291874.mp4

At least I fooled some of the sheep some of the time.

7 inches of new snow and the wind blew all last night. Not cold but I hope that was enough of a lion to have the end of the month nice.

Close to 3 feet accumulated snow in the last 35 days.

gcreekrch said:
7 inches of new snow and the wind blew all last night. Not cold but I hope that was enough of a lion to have the end of the month nice.

We too are snowed in / snowed under / snowed out

We have blown it, plowed it, bucketed it and anything else you can imagine. I have no room left to move any more snow - the next load will go into the basement at this rate.

The barn roof is creaking with the last snow load

I spent more than three hours today - just moving snow

Winter can leave at any time and I promise I will not complain.

Please God - no more snow until next winter - please!

BC

Broke Cowboy said:
gcreekrch said:

We too are snowed in / snowed under / snowed out

We have blown it, plowed it, bucketed it and anything else you can imagine. I have no room left to move any more snow - the next load will go into the basement at this rate.

The barn roof is creaking with the last snow load

I spent more than three hours today - just moving snow

Winter can leave at any time and I promise I will not complain.

Please God - no more snow until next winter - please!

BC

Other than the driveways we haven't moved much snow this winter. Sometime in the next 2 weeks we'll have to take the excavator to the corrals and plow off the 2 acre heifer pen. The sun can do the rest.

Another 3 inches today, whiteout conditions when I went to feed at MM. Rhubarbed the truck with a load of bales on the gooseneck in slow motion. 4 wheel low and backed out.

Sun is coming out. Supposed to be a week of good weather now.

Faster horses said:
BC and gcreek, we'd sure take some of your snow. Nothing in SE Montana
or NW South Dakota. Looking bad for this time of year. Unless we get
something in the next month or two, there won't even be any runoff. :cry:

Latest forecast for Terry:

Tonight A 20 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.

Sunday Rain. High near 50. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Sunday Night Rain likely before 11pm, then a chance of snow. Snow level 4600 feet lowering to 2400 feet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West northwest wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Monday Snow likely before 11am, then areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 16 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Monday Night Areas of blowing snow and a chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 18 to 23 mph decreasing to 8 to 13 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

They're predicting the heaviest north of the Missouri- with a 1/4 inch of rain and 3 inchs of wet snow for here... Predicting 7 inchs of wet snow for Plentywood..

Oh joy :shock:

Well we could use the moisture but I just cleaned out the alley and loading chute to ship some cattle on Tuesday.

Beautiful here today. Cleaned bunk pad, sorted some calves and pressure washed my son's belly dump gravel trailer so he can take it for DOT safety.

Not always you can run the washer in early March. Maybe the best day in the next couple weeks.

Post man was in today and he had ice fog and icy roads north and south of Regina for a ways.

Yeah beautiful here today too...Geese going everywhere and the cows again walked away from their hay to go grazing on the grass showing up from under the melting snow...

Spent the day moving the bulls out of a couple of lots- and preparing several lots and pens in case the storm does hit-- and it brings on some early calving with the heifers...

I see on the radar its raining from north of Billings to Havre area..

My brother in law that works near Williston, ND called and they are
predicting 8-10 inches of snow for that area. He had a lot of trucks
lined up to haul gravel, now he's calling them off.

Seems likes what is good for one, doesn't work well for another.
I sure hope we get some good wet snow.

Latest posts