• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March in like a lamb.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Have you been dealing with him for a while? How do they seem to last. Was beautiful day here today 5c and sunny

Rancher3! said:
Have you been dealing with him for a while? How do they seem to last. Was beautiful day here today 5c and sunny

Just a couple years that I remember. I think maybe a few tears ago as well. Most of those old post peddlers are dead. Mike Kardash and Bill Lerhner are both gone. The posts seem pretty good. I don't like the pencil sharpened ones. :?

Today started out with 28 degrees and ice fog-- which changed to temps near 40 and rain...Its rained most the afternoon- and NW wind came up which really has melted away our snowcover--altho this is predicted to turn to snow....Now they upped our prediction to 4 inches between now and Tuesday...
My son came from Minot- and said it rained almost the whole way...

Spent this afternoon gathering the cows- so I can keep a little closer watch on them if any take the barometric changes to heart and start calving early in the snowstorm...

Had our second set of twins this morning as the rain approached here. Been drizzling most of the day with snow coming down to our elevation by midnight or so.

Faster horses said:
BC and gcreek, we'd sure take some of your snow. Nothing in SE Montana
or NW South Dakota. Looking bad for this time of year. Unless we get
something in the next month or two, there won't even be any runoff. :cry:

Faster horses just come to sask,and we will give you all the snow you want!! Luckily we missed that snow yesterday by 50 miles :D :D .I am so sick of all this snow.We are going to flood big time this spring!!!!

Well FH could get it today...We've had a blizzard going all night- and it appears to be moving in her direction....
Most the roads up in NE MT are emergency travel only.... Rained first- then froze- and now has snow and 50 mph winds slicking them up good....

Just checked- and all the heifers listened to me and kept their legs crossed during the night...

Cedarcreek said:
S.S.A.P. said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
ugly all night and still UGLY. :shock:

Not much feeding going on for a little while this morning.

Same thing on this side of province.

Same thing down here. Visibility less than 50' at times

Still blowing but i think maybe the snow has let up. :?

Same storm we had Friday and Saturday. We got 9 inches out of it. Snow is waist deep on Debbie at the Upper Meadow where Debbie is feeding the mature cows. About 2 feet at Morrison Meadow 600 feet lower elevation.

We were worried about irrigation water a month ago. I guess we've got it now!

-22c and clear this morning, up to 0c at noon. Only early calf expected from a bought cow born yesterday. All good, a nice smoky heifer from a $657 tan 3 year old that I stole last fall.

Our snow quit here a little before noon-- but wind is still blowing 40-50 mph and ground blizzarding ... Temp is 20...
I see now that several roads in SE Montana are closed or no travel advised-- and almost all the roads in Western ND are- including I-94 that is closed....

If you do Facebook- go to the Bakken Oilfield, Fail of the Day site....They have a couple of good pictures of the conditions- as well as the oilfield workers own telegraph of conditions....

It's been a beautiful here this last 10 days or so. Roads have been getting buddy during the day and stiffening up at night, not much wind to speak of. Don't know how you southerners magage it :D

it has been a white out here since about 8:00 last night. it's suppose to let up after dark and sunshine tomorrow. i know there are quite a few folks calving around here and i don't feel a bit sorry for them, i'm sure it was a nice day when they turned the bulls out. :? :wink:

We got it too, both South Dakota and SE Montana. Rain first, then blizzard!
Had a friend stop in that had to go to Rapid City, said the roads were bad
til Sturgis and from Sturgis to Rapid there was nothing!! Can you believe it?
We couldn't see anything for most of the day. Mostly we got wind, not
much snow. Nice today and supposed to be 50 degrees F tomorrow.

Latest posts