• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

May calving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Swede

Reaction score
Got my first calf out of the cows yesterday in a blizzard, right on schedule about 2 weeks before their due date. I can't wait till May! My heifers are on a break between the AI calves and the bull bred calves.

Great moisture here, probably at least 2 1/2 inches. :p

Mine started about 10 days ago about 10 days early 57 calves since then. This is my first year calveing this late and so far I love it no way will I go back to march calveing I live 15 miles from the cows and it just doesn't work in my situation this works very well in my opinion for my situation.

We had 75 on the ground before due date. End of first cycle is Friday, should be 70% done by then.

Guarantee if we turned the bulls 10 days late they would calve exactly when they were bred for. :lol:

One of the perks of selecting low birth weight bulls for a period of time. You get a short pregnancy term cow herd. If you want to start on time Dave you just need to run some 135 lb BW Charolais or Cement head bulls on your cows for a few years. That will back off the due date and you will start on time.

bearvalley said:
One of the perks of selecting low birth weight bulls for a period of time. You get a short pregnancy term cow herd. If you want to start on time Dave you just need to run some 135 lb BW Charolais or Cement head bulls on your cows for a few years. That will back off the due date and you will start on time.

Not to mention the twins! :D

Latest posts