• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

maybe there is still hope?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lonecowboy

Reaction score
"I thought we were a nation of laws and that our country was governed by our Constitution. And as I have been around my district and the country this year, there's more of an interest in our founding principles than at any time in my political career. And when you talk about the founding principles, you realize that Article I gives the Congress of the United States the power of the purse and that... the president has powers under Article II, and this idea that you are just going to go around the Congress is just, it's almost laughable. And so we are keeping a very close eye on the administration to make sure they are following the law and following the Constitution," -- Speaker John Boehner on Obama's continual circumvention of Congress, in direct contradiction to the Constitution

it is refreshing to hear all the talk going around about the Constitution and America's founding principles- like no other in my lifetime! :D

Faster horses said:
Can you imagine what this country would have been like if the Tea Party
hadn't changed things in 2010????????

Thank God for that. We must push onward...

FH- I believe without a shadow of a doubt yes "Thank God for that"

our prayers have not been in vain!

Faster horses said:

Actually I believe I heard as much or more of it about the Constitution and America's founding principles back when Clinton was in-- and the big hope that the Repub controlled Congress with a Repub President (after a Constitutional Issue got him elected) would take care of it- and pass a Balanced Budget Amendment-- or hopefully a Balanced Budget law.....

BOY-did we get a shock-- the biggest rubber stamp, spend Congress since FDR- with unquestioned spending- the Patriot Act (that definitely took away more civil rights than anyone prior to FDR- which we will never get back) and corporate friendly directed laws-- without any normal Administrative oversight (claiming they were following the Constitution of staying blind to a capitalist economy) -- and led up to the Bush Bust...

Which will take the country 10 years to recover from... :(

Oldtimer said:
Faster horses said:

Actually I believe I heard as much or more of it about the Constitution and America's founding principles back when Clinton was in-- and the big hope that the Repub controlled Congress with a Repub President (after a Constitutional Issue got him elected) would take care of it- and pass a Balanced Budget Amendment-- or hopefully a Balanced Budget law.....

BOY-did we get a shock-- the biggest rubber stamp, spend Congress since FDR- with unquestioned spending- the Patriot Act (that definitely took away more civil rights than anyone prior to FDR- which we will never get back) and corporate friendly directed laws-- without any normal Administrative oversight (claiming they were following the Constitution of staying blind to a capitalist economy) -- and led up to the Bush Bust...

Which will take the country 10 years to recover from... :(

you are claiming that the Bush Government overspent and that it was a Capitalistic economy :lol: :lol:

It was bush's liberalism that got the country in trouble..

Oh and speaking of that 8 year coffee break.....how's obama's "oversight" going?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, first, on the issue of — on the issue of prosecutions on Wall Street, one of the biggest problems about the collapse of Lehman's and the subsequent financial crisis and the whole subprime lending fiasco is that a lot of that stuff wasn't necessarily illegal, it was just immoral or inappropriate or reckless.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/wall-street-corruption-solyndra-and-fast-furious-todays-qs-for-o-1062011/

Lonecowboy said:
it is refreshing to hear all the talk going around about the Constitution and America's founding principles- like no other in my lifetime! :D

That's the thing - it's all talk. Most I know claim to love the Constitution, but they don't believe in limited government. If one proposes to limit our empire around the world, you're accused of being against the troops or loving the enemy.

If you propose cutting anything, you are attacked.

Most of our federal government is unconstitutional. So what major cuts is Boehner proposing? Probably nothing.

The only politician I know who takes the Constitution seriously is Ron Paul. Here is his plan to cut several departments, and reduce spending a trillion dollars the first year.

And I bet most of those Constitution loving tea partiers will either ignore this or be against it.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/ron-paul-plan-to-restore-america/

djinwa said:
Lonecowboy said:

That's the thing - it's all talk. Most I know claim to love the Constitution, but they don't believe in limited government. If one proposes to limit our empire around the world, you're accused of being against the troops or loving the enemy.

Most of our federal government is unconstitutional. So what major cuts is Boehner proposing? Probably nothing.

The only politician I know who takes the Constitution seriously is Ron Paul. Here is his plan to cut several departments, and reduce spending a trillion dollars the first year.

And I bet most of those Constitution loving tea partiers will either ignore this or be against it.

Yep- actually if you followed the Constitution right to the T- without the intervening precendence of court and SCOTUS rulings since it was written-- Paul is the only one that even comes close to following it....

Especially on States rights and foreign Interventions/Aid... And getting the Federal government out of every little nitpick issue (leave it to the states)...

But unless he runs as an Independent (which he would have to do soon to hope to get on the state ballots) he stands a snowballs chance in Hates of being chosen by the Republican party...

Oldtimer said:
djinwa said:
Lonecowboy said:

Yep- actually if you followed the Constitution right to the T- without the intervening precendence of court and SCOTUS rulings since it was written-- Paul is the only one that even comes close to following it....

Especially on States rights and foreign Interventions/Aid... And getting the Federal government out of every little nitpick issue (leave it to the states)...

But unless he runs as an Independent (which he would have to do soon to hope to get on the state ballots) he stands a snowballs chance in Hates of being chosen by the Republican party...

so you admit that following the Constitution means less government intervention and that a conservative is closer to the ideal than a liberal and a libertarian is closer to the ideal than a conservative?

Yet you believe that additional government intervention will correct the mistakes of a government that previously intervened too frequently.

You are one confused individual OT

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
djinwa said:

so you admit that following the Constitution means less government intervention and that a conservative is closer to the ideal than a liberal and a libertarian is closer to the ideal than a conservative?

Yet you believe that additional government intervention will correct the mistakes of a government that previously intervened too frequently.

You are one confused individual OT

like nailing jello to the wall Hypo-

:agree:
Must be Hades being oldtimer, and having so many disagree with him and his thoughts...If he didn't have Bush to blame, he would have a melt down, maybe I should say another bigger melt down cause he has already had several!!

Eh oldtimer??

Faster horses said:

I can imagine what it would be like if they had complete control. Utter chaos.

hurleyjd said:
Faster horses said:

That is a classic, saying to go by the constitution would create utter chaos.
Do these leftwingernuts even for once think what they are saying.

hurleyjd said:
Faster horses said:

Yep- both the OWS on the ultra left and the Tea Party on the radical right promote Anarchy.... With either in control it would be utter chaos and end of our country as we know it..

Oldtimer said:
hurleyjd said:
Faster horses said:

Yep- both the OWS on the ultra left and the Tea Party on the radical right promote Anarchy.... With either in control it would be utter chaos and end of our country as we know it..

And you in the middle EH??? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
That is utter crap! it must be hell being you oldtimer

316295_213275165409624_133109130092895_504702_154196951_n.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2047709/Occupy-Wall-Street-protests-cost-NYPD-1-9million-overtime-pay-cops.html

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1213192087001/arrests-mount-as-occupy-wall-street-protests-continue/

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2011/10/18/occupy-cleveland-protester-alleges-she-was-raped/

I see the Tea Party is asking for a refund for a couple of their rallies. Seems they had to pay for a permit to cover traffic control etc., for the day or 2 they were in the same parks that the OWS protests are ongoing.

oldtimer wrote:

Matthew 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

Larrry said:

Latest posts