• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

McCain says

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
just take the blame, George.

What novel idea! Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"Sen. John McCain has advice for how President Bush can rebuild support for the Iraq war. Try candor.

McCain regularly spars with the administration (he's currently fighting Bush to end mistreatment of war prisoners) but he's as hawkish as they are when it comes to Iraq. That's why, in a speech Thursday outlining a new approach, he counseled frankness: The administration should avoid "rosy aspirations for near-term improvements in Iraq's political or security situation, and more accurately portray events on the ground, even if they're negative."

"The refusal to admit error is a reasonable position for the president to take. It just isn't working. According to the latest NBC/Wall Street Journal poll, just 33 percent of the country now gives Mr. Bush high marks for being "honest and straightforward," down from 50 percent in January. The White House blames the press."

"But the president is fighting an old battle (prewar intelligence) rather than the current one, Iraq's decay. He has got to face the present, and if he wants to make his case persuasive, he's going to have to point the finger at himself, too."

Go get him, John. :lol:

http://www.slate.com/id/2130132/

I can agree with McCain, because unlike you, he isn't saying the soldiers who died wasted their lives for nothing.

Disagreeable said:
McCain is nothing but an anti-Second Amendment liberal, lacking the courage to stop his cross-dressing and switch parties to be with his own kind. No surprise that you would blow him kisses. Best wishes. You two deserve each other.

X said:
Disagreeable said:
McCain is nothing but an anti-Second Amendment liberal, lacking the courage to stop his cross-dressing and switch parties to be with his own kind. No surprise that you would blow him kisses. Best wishes. You two deserve each other.

There are some things I strongly disagree with McCain about, such as his opposition to mixed-martial-arts fighting, of which I'm a fan, but you're completely out of line with this characterization. Regardless of your political views, John McCain is worthy of respect, if only for the sacrifices he's made for this country.

mp.freelance said:
Regardless of your political views, John McCain is worthy of respect, if only for the sacrifices he's made for this country.
Uh-uh. That argument won't work with me. His commendable wartime sacrifices for our Country and the quasi-conservative, anti-Constitution activism that takes away our rights are two completely different subjects. He's either in favor of protecting and defending the Constitution, or he's not. These days, he's not.

Latest posts