• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Meanwhile.....the NCBA continues it's puppetry!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen said:
Valium,. wish I had some, I'd take it just to deal with the backlash of the American system not being honest enough to deal with this situation until it suited them best.

The Public Affairs spokesman NCBA believes that others will use this development to raise questions about the testing protocol and the USDA screening system for BSE. He refers to this as "unfortunate." He does not believe, however, that this latest development will impact efforts to reopen foreign markets to US beef. This was a belief shared by Secretary of Agriculture Mike Johanns during a late Friday press briefing.

Really, will they now question the tests that have been done in the past and pass judgement.

I used to have a girlfriend that tried to get away with lying, she eventually got caught. Never trusted her again. I wonder if others will trust the USDA , or Americans again?

Murgen, I hope that you will trust "us" that have been critical of the USDA since day one. That has been myself, Sandhusker, Oldtimer, Reader, Porker, Tommy and others. We really started to distrust the USDA when they denied the smaller packers the chance to test each animal and keep their import customers along with bringing in Canadian cattle.
Think about it.

Murgen- Did you forget what organization has been critical of USDA's total handling of the BSE situation- which organization has questioned their science ability- which organization first recognized (as did Judge Cebull) that they were putting economics ahead of consumer and US herd safety-- which organization asked for testing of cattle to find the extent of the disease- in both countries-- what organization asked USDA to allow Creekstone and the other packers that wanted to test--What organization has said that we should do everything in our power to find the true extent of the disease in order to maintain consumer confidence with the US cattle herd?? :???:

Can you see USDA's first scientific expert witness taking the stand- First question the attorney asks- Were you the supervisor of the testing for the missed cow in Texas? Could there be more cattle missed in the testing process now being done in the US and Canada? Is it possible that in a higher risk country like Canada their could be more missed or mistested cattle? Could those cattle be reaching the food chain? I rest my case...USDA's primary role according to the judge and the law is the safety of the US consumer and the US cattle herd- not to promote world trade (we have other agencies to do that)......If it comes back positive, and they were caught by the OIG, not on their own- it will blow the Agencies credibility completely out the door....If their testing is flawed, then how do we know if their SRM removal theories are right, or their inspection of the Canadian feed ban?

If this test comes back positive it will do no good for anything-Will muddy the water of the BSE science- the testing programs- the import rules-etc. for months or years....And with some politicians looking to find anything to throw mud in a lame duck term, if it comes back positive, they will latch onto like mud on a pig and carry it to the end with the liberal press....Won't do good for anyone-either side of the border....

Oldtimer said:
process now being done in the US and Canada? Is it possible that in a higher risk country like Canada their could be more missed or mistested cattle? Could those cattle be reaching the food chain? I rest my case..
....Won't do good for anyone-either side of the border....

OLDTIMER NOW YOU HAVE REALLY PISSED ME OFF. THE "RELEASE" OF THIS TEXAS POSITIVE COW JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM IS A SCHERADE OR FACADE BUILT AROUND ECONOMICS. ALL THIS HAS DONE IS IT HAS PROVEN THE CANADIAN SYSTEM TO BE TRUSTWORHTY AND THE AMERICAN - WELL, I GUESS ALL WE CAN SAY IS - DISHONEST. OUR OPENESS HAS MADE US VULNERABLE IN THE SHORT TERM, BUT YOUR HYPOCRISY AND SMUGNESS IS GOING TO BE YOUR LONG-TERM PAIN.

HOW DARE YOU CALL OUR INDUSTRY HIGHER RISK WHEN ALL ALONG IT HAS BEEN AS MANY OF US CHARGED - YOUR LACK OF BSE IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN COVERING IT UP.

OLDTIMER, I WAS TRYING TO GET OVER MY DISLIKE FOR YOUR ARROGANCE, BUT YOU ARE MAKING IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.

MURGEN, PASS AROUND THE VALIUM.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Oldtimer said:
process now being done in the US and Canada? Is it possible that in a higher risk country like Canada their could be more missed or mistested cattle? Could those cattle be reaching the food chain? I rest my case..

OLDTIMER NOW YOU HAVE REALLY p****d ME OFF. THE "RELEASE" OF THIS TEXAS POSITIVE COW JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM IS A SCHERADE OR FACADE BUILT AROUND ECONOMICS. ALL THIS HAS DONE IS IT HAS PROVEN THE CANADIAN SYSTEM TO BE TRUSTWORHTY AND THE AMERICAN - WELL, I GUESS ALL WE CAN SAY IS - DISHONEST. OUR OPENESS HAS MADE US VULNERABLE IN THE SHORT TERM, BUT YOUR HYPOCRISY AND SMUGNESS IS GOING TO BE YOUR LONG-TERM PAIN.

HOW DARE YOU CALL OUR INDUSTRY HIGHER RISK WHEN ALL ALONG IT HAS BEEN AS MANY OF US CHARGED - YOUR LACK OF BSE IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE BEEN COVERING IT UP.

OLDTIMER, I WAS TRYING TO GET OVER MY DISLIKE FOR YOUR ARROGANCE, BUT YOU ARE MAKING IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT.

BETTER P****D OFF- THAN P****D ON :wink: Have a shot of Canadian Rye - sit back and think and tell me how USDA losing their credibility will help the Canadian cattleman.....Or any cattleman anywhere......

I am not going to try to tell you anything. I believe that trying to tell you anything would be like trying to teach a pig to fly. (Since I was stuck for an appropriate analogy, I asked my son for help and that was his idea, but I think it was a good one. He's a smart boy.) :)

It is funny that the same people on this discussion group that attack the USDA, are also the ones that preach" the safety of the US Beef'" so adamantly. If you don't have trust in your regulatory bodies, how is it you have faith in your product. Label your product internationally and see where it gets you. Right now I wouldn't think it would get your export markets anywhere.

Oldtimer said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Oldtimer said:

OLDTIMER NOW YOU HAVE REALLY p****d ME OFF. THE "RELEASE" OF THIS TEXAS POSITIVE COW JUST GOES TO SHOW THAT YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM IS A SCHERADE OR FACADE BUILT AROUND ECONOMICS. ALL THIS HAS DONE IS IT HAS PROVEN THE CANADIAN SYSTEM TO BE TRUSTWORHTY AND THE AMERICAN - WELL, I GUESS ALL WE CAN SAY IS - DISHONEST. OUR OPENESS HAS MADE US VULNERABLE IN THE SHORT TERM, BUT YOUR HYPOCRISY AND SMUGNESS IS GOING TO BE YOUR LONG-TERM PAIN.

BETTER P****D OFF- THAN P****D ON :wink: Have a shot of Canadian Rye - sit back and think and tell me how USDA losing their credibility will help the Canadian cattleman.....Or any cattleman anywhere......
Especially when R-Calf has tried to make this into a huge human health issue.

HEY BILL ,I got some old cow ground beef burgers to grill ,My Son that works at Krogers says it's label is Canadian from Excel,We got room at the table.

Latest posts