• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Meat Glue

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H

Reaction score
First time I've ever heard of this stuff
http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/article/8989315

http://healthfreedoms.org/2011/03/2...gether-scraps-of-meat-to-sell-you-prime-cuts/

Fusionofmeat-300x225.jpg

We have been eating meat glue in our chicken mcnuggets for a long time now. I suppose it was a matter of time before they found another place for it.
Perhaps the blessing will be that it adds value to the carcass? Seems just wrong to me though.

Someone (a meat customer/family member) emailed that to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me what I know about it and what I thought of it.

I said I don't know and I don't care . . . and by the way, all my meat customers know that they don't have anything like that in their freezers . . .

I think that story just put the price of my freezer-order beef up :)

The meat industry is doing its best to drive sales back to the farm gate with stories like this coming to light.

burnt said:
Someone (a meat customer/family member) emailed that to me a couple of weeks ago and asked me what I know about it and what I thought of it.

I said I don't know and I don't care . . . and by the way, all my meat customers know that they don't have anything like that in their freezers . . .

The meat industry is doing its best to drive sales back to the farm gate with stories like this coming to light.

:agree:

leanin' H said:
burnt said:

You should care burnt. This is the kind of thing that drives the price of beef down. The average consumer doesn't care, in fact likes the idea that they can get a consistent sized steak. It won't drive that many to look for alternative sources for their meet and exasperates the already short supply of lean ground. Bad news all around.

Silver said:
We have been eating meat glue in our chicken mcnuggets for a long time now. I suppose it was a matter of time before they found another place for it.
Perhaps the blessing will be that it adds value to the carcass? Seems just wrong to me though.

Funny that you say "we", Silver. I have not eaten a chicken McNugget since I've been old enough to know better. Won't let my elementary-aged kids eat them either. I suppose they get the school's version at lunch once in awhile. :roll:

The more we process our foods the less healthy they are. I thought I was doing right by letting my kids eat Yoplait yogurt for a snack everyday. Then my wife and I got to reading the label the other day. :shock: Now it's back to apples, bananas and nuts. :!:

High Plains said:
Silver said:

Funny that you say "we", Silver. I have not eaten a chicken McNugget since I've been old enough to know better. Won't let my elementary-aged kids eat them either. I suppose they get the school's version at lunch once in awhile. :roll:

The more we process our foods the less healthy they are. I thought I was doing right by letting my kids eat Yoplait yogurt for a snack everyday. Then my wife and I got to reading the label the other day. :shock: Now it's back to apples, bananas and nuts. :!:

"Looks like we are in bad trouble " said the Lone Ranger to Tonto when they were surrounded by 10,000 Indians.

Tonto said

"What do you mean WE white man?" :wink:

The plant that made the North American version of this glue used blood from Cargill in High River and was located in Strathmore. In 2003 it was moved literally one night to the States. I can't remember where but could find out if you would like. There are all sorts of glued together "products" made right here in North America and unless you know what you are buying you are likely eating some of these products.

High Plains said:
Silver said:

Haha, I wondered when I wrote that how long it would for someone to take exception to the 'we'.
I've been enjoying an occasional feed of nuggets since day one, and I'll lay you a fiver (Canadian too :shock: ) I'll out live ya! :p

I can remember my grand-father and my dad boast about how farmers and ranchers FED the world.
ok
as for me and my off-spring ,,we will raise our own prime cuts.old-school--without the glue.
i'm like'n the taste of words like Vintage and Heritage more everyday.taste alot better than glue.

per said:
leanin' H said:
burnt said:

You should care burnt. This is the kind of thing that drives the price of beef down. The average consumer doesn't care, in fact likes the idea that they can get a consistent sized steak. It won't drive that many to look for alternative sources for their meet and exasperates the already short supply of lean ground. Bad news all around.

You're right, Per. We can't smear the industry and find it personally profitable. Protect the industry, and encourage all to meet the same high standards of our freezer beef. The farm to freezer market will be there. If we lift the industry, it will lift all of us.

Silver said:
High Plains said:
Silver said:

Haha, I wondered when I wrote that how long it would for someone to take exception to the 'we'.
I've been enjoying an occasional feed of nuggets since day one, and I'll lay you a fiver (Canadian too :shock: ) I'll out live ya! :p

You're on Silver :!: Just got my blood work done and other vitals. I'm a walking, talking physical specimen; ready to take on all comers :!: Course, it wouldn't be the McNuggets that'll get me. Likely be an asteriod or railroad crossing any day now. :lol:

Latest posts