• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Medicare Law Prompts a Rush for Lobbyists

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Good post, Reader. I'm sure you remember that the Bush Administration withheld the true cost of the Medicare Reform bill passed last year until after it was passed. Then after it was passed, the Admistrator left his piddling government job and went to work for a company that will directly benefit from the changes. Health costs are driving many people to bankruptcy, but the new laws will make it more difficult for people who have had serious illness to get back on their feet. The Bush Bunch has tried their best to stop people from importing drugs from Canada legally. Gas prices..... Can anyone doubt this Administration is selling us out to big business?

BTW, Hillary Clinton has a plan to at least get more members of the National Guard and Reserves on the government health plan, TRICARE. Some Republicans are joining her.

"Clinton and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., want to spend $3.8 billion over five years so that more members of the National Guard and Reserve can be covered by the Defense Department's TRICARE medical insurance plan.
Graham, who as a House member in 1998 took a leading role in the House impeachment proceedings against her husband, lavished praise on Sen. Clinton on the Senate floor last month. "Without her, I don't think we would be as far as we are. She has been terrific," said Graham, who served in the Air Force and as a member of the South Carolina Air National Guard.
By coincidence, the chief Democratic sponsor of a parallel measure in the House, Rep. Gene Taylor, D-Miss., was one of only a handful of House Democrats to vote for Bill Clinton's impeachment in 1998."

Link below.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9063246/

Gas prices..... Can anyone doubt this Administration is selling us out to big business?

I have more "facts" to show that Liberals such as soros are profiting from High Gas prices, so if you have some Facts to show that Bush is prifiting from them show it...

AS for the Hillery, good for her, it is about time the Democratic leaders show some support for the military,

and what was Hilleries Health care plan going to cost US ?????

and Dis, what do you have against the elderly getting Perscription Drug care?

if Grandperants can't afford medicine then how is a plan to get them medicine so bad

The Generic Pharmaceutical Association has retained Mr. Jennings and Mark W. Isakowitz to lobby for legislation to increase the use of generic drugs. As a White House aide, Mr. Jennings helped devise the Clinton plan for universal health insurance.

It seems politics as ussual for both sides, I was going to do a little research tonight and look at how the plan was helping poor seniors cope, but I see disagreeable side tracked you post and did her ussual blame Bush Balme The war, line AGAIN, with out addressing either the benifits of the plan or how we are forced to allow lobbists to have access to both sides of the political process...

While it would infringe on free speech, I feel the special interest should muzzled and it should be replaced by the people's voice,,,and that "corperations" should not be the same rights as in individuals......

Steve said:
Gas prices..... Can anyone doubt this Administration is selling us out to big business?

I have more "facts" to show that Liberals such as soros are profiting from High Gas prices, so if you have some Facts to show that Bush is prifiting from them show it...

Why shouldn't George Soros benefit from high gas prices if he's invested? I've been kicking myself because I sold my Halliburton stock a few years ago. I should have realized that Cheney would throw billions of our dollars their way.

The Bush Administration will completely do away with capital gains taxes if they can. Thereby Soros and anyone else who lives only their investments won't have to pay a cent in taxes!

AS for the Hillery, good for her, it is about time the Democratic leaders show some support for the military,

and what was Hilleries Health care plan going to cost US ?????

It wasn't Democratic leaders that sent our military to Iraq undermanned, no body armor and left their armored vehicles at home. It was George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld and not a single person has been held accountable for those terrible, costly bad decisions! That's not acceptable to me. Don't know what Hillary's health plan is going to cost, but I'll bet it's a lot and the Republicans will cry and moan about medical care for returning soldiers.

and Dis, what do you have against the elderly getting Perscription Drug care?
if Grandperants can't afford medicine then how is a plan to get them medicine so bad

I think it would be a good thing if seniors got prescription drug care. But this is a bad plan; set up to benefit drug companies, not necessarily seniors. But it, like the Iraqi War, is based on a lie by the Administration (the cost of the plan was misrepresented to the Senate and the American people) and I don't think our government should lie to further their political agenda.

Latest posts