• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Medicare ??? Or Obamacare??

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
I've been on medicare for almost three years now. Went for annual checkup in late April, 2014. Blood work, visit to doctor's office and a tetanus shot. For the first time since I've been on medicare I owed money when it was all done. Not a huge amount but just over $100.00. This was after Medicare payment and payment from Medicare Supplement Policy. Not to even mention that effective 1/1/2014 my medicare premium doubled and I am for the first time being charged $33.00 per month by medicare for prescription coverage which I already had covered by a separate prescription policy.

Is this part of or a result of the new "Affordable Health Care Act"????

Can't answer your question there TB.

My question is, how much did the doc get paid? Medicaid probably gave him a dollar or two.

Texasbred,

I certainly don't know about your situation, but Medicare does have an annual deductible of something just over $100.00.

Was this the first claim you've had this year? If so, you probably just had to pay your deductible.

Tom in TN

Latest posts