• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Millionaire Tax

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

When you read articles like this one- its not hard to see why a majority of the people in this country support a surtax and/or increased taxs on millionaires....

Tiger Woods' ex shows us just how rich she is...

By Craig Johnson
updated 2:34 PM EST, Fri January 06, 2012

Elin Nordegren is starting over. Again.

The former wife of Tiger Woods has demolished the $12.3-million oceanfront mansion she purchased just last year, according to news reports. The home was chock-full of amenities: 17,000-square feet. Eight bathrooms. In-ground pool. Elevator. So, why did she do it?

The divorced mother of two young children simply wanted something bigger and better, a dream mansion, according to the Palm Beach Post. "It was a beautiful place, incredible landscaping, fantastic ocean frontage," Realtor John True told the Post. "I heard that the original plan was to renovate. But once they started, I heard they decided to tear it down."

Don't worry: Woods was not in the home when the wrecking ball came crashing. The world's former No. 1 golfer was probably somewhere around the Jupiter, Florida, estate he purchased last year.

Nordegren, 32, has been known to wreck some stuff. In November 2009, in Windermere, Florida, she used a golf club to break the rear window of a Cadillac Escalade to help extricate her husband after he crashed his SUV into a fire hydrant and tree.

The saga followed allegations from several women that Woods had carried on affairs with them. Woods and Nordegren finalized their divorce in August 2010.

Nordegren has hired a high-priced architect and will be requiring all workers to sign confidentiality agreements, according to TMZ.

Just think of the economic stimulus......the new house will probably create or save as many jobs as the last one did....the government would do what with the additional tax?

How many millions did it cost under obama stimulus plan to create or save one job?

Just like a liberal, if someone doesn't spend money like the liberal thinks they should the liberal just want to confiscate it.

A nutty gal just all broke up over a failed marriage to man who was put on a wobbly pedestal. So she in her moments of despair decides to retaliate.

A fool and his money are soon parted

This idiom means that people who aren't careful with their money spend it quickly. 'A fool and his money are easily parted'

in this case one might want to replace his with her.. but then again she is spending his money foolishly..

best form of redistribution .. and it creates jobs.. tax revenue and gives the liberals a good look at who they worship..

ranch hand said:
I am sure taxes were paid .. A bit of jealousy ot?

It does seem like a hell of a waste- when there are so many folks that can barely afford a roof over their head..

Sure feeds fodder to the 1% protesters and does nothing to help with the unity of the country...Reminds you of Marie Antonette living in her castle telling the starving serfs "to eat cake"... Caused a little disunity with Marie and her head...

Altho after hearing Cafferty talking about this- I'm not sure if the 1% ers have any complaints:

What does it mean when Americans make up half of the world's richest 1%?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

When I read these numbers I was stunned. I had no idea that Americans make up fully one half of the world's richest 1%.

When you look at the world's population as a whole, it only takes $34,000 a year per person - after taxes - to be part of the world's richest one percent. A family of four with after tax income of $136,000 would be among the world's richest.

60 million people make up the world's richest one percent. And, according to world bank economist Branko Milanovic, half of them - or 29 million people - lived in the United States as of 2005.

Another 4 million live in Germany. And the rest are scattered throughout Europe, Latin America and parts of Asia.

None of the world's richest 1% live in Africa, China or India - statistically speaking.

Although places like China and India are seeing economic growth, and people there are getting richer, they're starting from a very low base. This also means the emerging middle class in these countries isn't the same as the middle class in developed nations. No cars. No retirement plans. They don't own their own homes.

Milanovic says people in the world's true middle live on around $1,200 a year.

Which means even the poorest 5% of Americans are richer than two-thirds of the entire world. Something to think about.

While the Occupy Wall Street movement targets the so-called 1% with protests in New York, Los Angeles, Denver and Washington.

These numbers give one percent a whole new meaning.

Oldtimer said:
ranch hand said:
I am sure taxes were paid .. A bit of jealousy ot?

It does seem like a hell of a waste- when there are so many folks that can barely afford a roof over their head..

Sure feeds fodder to the 1% protesters and does nothing to help with the unity of the country...Reminds you of Marie Antonette living in her castle telling the starving serfs "to eat cake"... Caused a little disunity with Marie and her head...

Altho after hearing Cafferty talking about this- I'm not sure if the 1% ers have any complaints:

What does it mean when Americans make up half of the world's richest 1%?

FROM CNN's Jack Cafferty:

When I read these numbers I was stunned. I had no idea that Americans make up fully one half of the world's richest 1%.

When you look at the world's population as a whole, it only takes $34,000 a year per person - after taxes - to be part of the world's richest one percent. A family of four with after tax income of $136,000 would be among the world's richest.

60 million people make up the world's richest one percent. And, according to world bank economist Branko Milanovic, half of them - or 29 million people - lived in the United States as of 2005.

Another 4 million live in Germany. And the rest are scattered throughout Europe, Latin America and parts of Asia.

None of the world's richest 1% live in Africa, China or India - statistically speaking.

Although places like China and India are seeing economic growth, and people there are getting richer, they're starting from a very low base. This also means the emerging middle class in these countries isn't the same as the middle class in developed nations. No cars. No retirement plans. They don't own their own homes.

Milanovic says people in the world's true middle live on around $1,200 a year.

Which means even the poorest 5% of Americans are richer than two-thirds of the entire world. Something to think about.

While the Occupy Wall Street movement targets the so-called 1% with protests in New York, Los Angeles, Denver and Washington.

These numbers give one percent a whole new meaning.

The wages of an average construction worker working on the new home will be able to remain amongst the World's top 5% because of this "rich' person.

Was it you in the past that said "trickle down" does not work? :roll:

Oldtimer said:

After reading that - I'm not sure the occupiers should have any complaints.

Much of the world is still existing by subsistence farming. Your average maggot occupier would have no clue what that even is or the real daily life burdens that go with it.

There is a similar disconnect between those who work for wages and those who produce products for their living.

She voted for obama, and is merely following along in his footsteps wasting money, but at least she is wasting her own not ours, maybe that is what is pizzing off oldtimer :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

One of the other things that came out of that study was that the richest 1% of the Worlds population (millionaires/billionaires) controls 40% of the Global Wealth.....

I hope the rest use it more wisely than Tigers ex...

Oldtimer said:
One of the other things that came out of that study was that the richest 1% of the Worlds population (millionaires/billionaires) controls 40% of the Global Wealth.....

I hope the rest use it more wisely than Tigers ex...

Tiger's X is like all the other welfare folks. Anything that comes easy is easily pissed off. In this case it's Tiger's "earnings" that she's blowing. She had nothing but a big "go button".

the 17,000-square-foot, six-bedroom home was built in the 1920s, wasn't built to today's hurricane codes and was infested with termites and carpenter ants.

"We had an architect and a structural engineer out here and everyone agreed that it made more sense – structurally and economically – to tear it down and start over." People reports that Elin had the home dismantled and donated what was still usable.

$30,000 worth of materials donated when Tiger's ex-wife demolished Martin County home

Donations of items salvaged before the recent demolitions of two high-profile homes, one of them owned by pro golfer Tiger Woods' ex-wife Elin Nordegren, have been a huge boon to Habitat for Humanity of Martin County.

Nordegren first wanted to remodel the house, built in 1932, to suit the needs of her and her two children, but experts recommended it be razed.

Dan Reedy, owner of Onshore Construction in Jupiter, said that structurally, the house did not meet current codes for wind and hurricane resistance, so it would be more costly to rebuild the house from the inside-out to meet code than to tear it down and build a new house.

Once Nordegren made that decision, she contacted Habitat for Humanity of Martin County, one of the few Habitat affiliates in Florida with a full-time deconstruction program, said Bobbi Blodgett, the deconstruction team's director.

Blodgett said she is still logging in items donated by Nordegren, but the value is already well over the estimated $30,000 worth of appliances, furniture and materials donated from the former home of Perry Como in Jupiter Inlet Colony before that was torn down in November.

"Most people would have sold it and pocketed the money," Reedy said.

Reedy said Nordegren gave the deconstruction crew plenty of time, about six weeks, to remove items from the house. That allowed the crew to work at a pace that maximized the value — he estimated it at more than $300,000 — of what was removed.

The donated items are resold at Habitat for Humanity's ReStore at 2555 S.E. Bonita St. in Stuart, but so much material came from Nordegren's house, Blodgett said, that some had to be put in storage.

Among the items salvaged, Reedy said, were subzero refrigerators and icemakers, cooktops and ovens, Miele dishwashers, high-grade cabinets, plumbing and decorative electrical fixtures, copper wire and numerous high-end electronics.

Also, an incredible hand-carved wooden bar with a granite top, marble countertops, wood and marble flooring, mahogany doors and door hardware, a 100-kilowatt generator, a golf cart and about 5,000 square feet of driveway pavers.

After the salvage effort was completed, N&P Demolition of West Palm Beach leveled the home, which took two years to build, in less than four hours.

Now much of what's left is being hauled to Southern Waste Systems, which will recycle about 80 percent, Reedy said.

Latest posts